*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Instant Pot quinoa recipe only uses 3 ingredients and is done in minutes. Quinoa in a pressure cooker doesn’t get any easier than this!
There are times when Kim and I don’t feel like standing in the kitchen to cook. That’s why we bought a pressure cooker.
However, sometimes it can be difficult to find dependable recipes for wholesome meals.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy cheesy chicken and rice just as much as anyone else. But, I don’t want to eat a heavy dish for every meal.
That’s why we decided to share our Instant Pot quinoa recipe. It’s light, fluffy and pairs perfectly with baked chicken or grilled fish
All you need in order to make quinoa in the Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, water or broth, and salt.
How to make quinoa in an Instant Pot?
First, place the stainless steel liner into the pressure cooker. Next, pour in the quinoa, water (or broth), and a pinch of salt.
Next, close the valve and place the lid onto the machine. Lock it into place and press the high pressure/manual cook button.
Set the cook time for 1 minute. Then, once the timer goes off allow for a 10 minute natural release.
Afterward, use a kitchen towel to carefully open the valve to release the rest of the pressure.
Last, take the lid off the Instant Pot and use a spoon or knife to fluff the quinoa.
That’s it, your pressure cooker quinoa recipe is done! You can store the leftovers in a sealed container, in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂 Try our sausage and veggies stir fry with quinoa for a twist on the classic!
What can I add to quinoa for flavor?
Well, there are number of options you can choose. Try seasoning blends like: Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, chili lime, or even build your own custom blends.
You can also use beef, chicken, or vegetable broth as cooking liquids to add a ton of flavor to the grain.
Looking for more healthier Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Minute Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 1/4 Cups Water (or broth)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Place the quinoa, liquid, and salt into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Close the lid, and ensure the valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual (pressure cook) button and adjust the time to 1 minute.
- After the time is up, allow the Instant Pot to complete a natural release for 10 minute before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure. Open the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Serve the quinoa as a side with your favorite entree. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.