*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
**This post was sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry , but the opinions are my own.**
These puffed pastry strawberry key lime cups are the perfect way to celebrate Spring with a fresh and tempting bite-sized dessert!
Spring is Kim and my favorite time of the year. We are so excited to bring you this sponsored post from Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry!
When we partnered up with them for these Strawberry Key Lime Cups, we had no idea just how creative you can be with their frozen Puffed Pastry Sheets.
With grilling season kicking into full swing, these Puff Pastry Sheets are perfect for simple desserts that can be enjoyed outdoors in the warm Spring sun.
They are easy to work with as all you have to do is pull them out of the freezer to let them soften before creating your own Pinterest worthy dish.
You will need to let them thaw for about 30 to 45 minutes, but it’s well worth the wait. Then just unfold them and get to work.
While we just focused on a simple dessert, there are countless ways to use this Puff Pastry. From cream puffs to pop-overs, its versatility never fails.
For our recipe, we wanted something handheld, light and flaky. Furthermore, I wanted to create an offering that someone like me could even pull off.
As you all know, I am not a baker. With that being said, the Puff Pastry Sheets made that happen. The crust in our Strawberry Key Lime Cups is buttery and delicious. Now, how about, we get started?
How to Make Strawberry Key Lime Cups:
Puff Pastry Cups
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and remove the Puff Pastry Sheets from your freezer and allow them to thaw out for approximately 45 minutes.
Also, remove the cream cheese from your fridge to let it soften.
Next, unfold the dough and use a standard-sized biscuit cutter to punch out little circles. After that, take a cupcake pan and fill it with liners or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
Then, place the circles into the liner. Go ahead and push down the dough to make a mini pie crust.
At this point, you will want to use a fork to poke holes in the Puff Pastry. Otherwise, it will puff up and over the tops of each liner.
Once the pan is ready, place it in your oven and let everything bake at 400 degrees F. for about 15 minutes or until the cups are golden brown.
If they start to puff up, don’t panic, it can be easily fixed by just pushing down the crusts with your thumb before adding the filling.
Filling and Assembly:
While the cups bake, start making your cream cheese filling. In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, key lime juice, and powdered sugar.
Blend these ingredients until the filling is airy and smooth. It should only take four to six minutes.
Go ahead and place the mixture back in your refrigerator to stiffen. Next, comes the strawberries.
Start by washing your strawberries. Then, use a knife and cutting board to remove the stems and quarter the fruit. This would also be a good time to prep the mint garnish.
Prep eight to twelve leaves of mint by removing the stems and washing gently with warm water. You now have everything you need to build your puff pastry strawberry key lime cups.
After the cups have been removed from the oven and allowed to cool for 15 to 20 minutes begin making the dessert Inside each little pastry crust add about one tablespoon of key lime filling.
Top it with two of the quartered strawberries and a mint leaf. Repeat this process until all the crusts are filled. You may have a little filling left, but I am sure you can find something to do with it.
These little bite-sized beauties can be served immediately or stored in your fridge for up to two days. In closing, I wish a long life, love everlasting, and a full belly!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Sheet Puffed Pastry, (thawed)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (softened)
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered or Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- 4 to 5 Fresh Strawberries, (quartered)
- 8-10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees F., and remove the puff pastry from your freezer to allow it to thaw for about 45 minutes. Additionally, pull the cream cheese from the fridge to soften while the pastry softens.
- Next, use a biscuit cutter to cut out nine crusts from the sheet pushing the dough down into the liners with your thumb. Transfer the crusts to the cupcake pan and bake for 15 minutes in a 450 F. degree oven. Once done, let the cups cool.
- Afterward, while the dough bakes, blend the cream cheese, key lime juice, and sugar for two to three minutes until filling is airy and smooth. Then set it inside your fridge for about 15 minutes to firm.
- Wash your strawberries and mint. Use a knife to quarter the strawberries and remove the stems from the mint leaves.
- Now that everything is prepped you can begin assembly. Inside each cup, put approximately one tablespoon of filling and top it off with the quartered strawberries and a mint leaf. Serve immediately or store for up to two days in your fridge.
The calorie count listed in an approximation based on 9 servings. If the pastry puffs up during the cooking process, allow it cool and then use your thumb to push the cups back down.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 30gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g