Easy Homemade Hamburgers
Homemade Hamburgers are flavorful, beef burgers, and have pieces of caramelized onion in each bite. We think this is the best homemade beef hamburger recipe out there!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
- 8 oz ground beef or meat of your choice (We used 75% lean 25% fat for this recipe.)
- 1/8 cup finely diced white or Spanish onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese (optional)
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sliced pickles
- Sliced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese optional
Place meat, onions, spices, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
Separate mixture into two equal amounts and roll each into a ball. Each ball should weigh about 1/4 lbs.
Lay each ball between two pieces of parchment paper and flatten into circle patties.
Remove patties from parchment paper and place in hot skillet. Preheating skillet will give a nice crust on the burgers, but don't let it get too hot, or the meat will burn.
Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side for a well-done interior.
Remove from pan and let rest on a plate or cutting board while you grill the buns.
Melt 1/2 Tablespoon of butter in skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Place hamburger bun in pan and toast until it reaches desired brownness.
Repeat with the second bun.
Place condiments, toppings and hamburger patty on the bun. Feel free to add a couple of olives as garnish if you'd like.
Enjoy! Happy Eating!
*Calories listed are an approximate and based on the ingredients and servings listed.
*See post for more detailed tips, best practices, and information.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 4.4mg