A quick, simple apple cinnamon muffins recipe loaded with fresh apples and ground cinnamon. Best of all, they’re gluten-free and ready in about half an hour.
For today’s dish, Kim and I wanted to do something special. We’ve been working with gluten-free cooking recently so that we could develop and share some gluten-free options on our blog.
This recipe for apple cinnamon muffins is a result of those efforts. I wish I could take credit for these apple and cinnamon muffins; however, it’s King Arthur Flour that gets all the credit for this one.
It only took a few simple changes to their recipe (link to follow), to create these moist, delicious apple cinnamon muffins.
Oh, just to be clear, this is not an ad, paid endorsement, or sponsored post, we just love their products!
First, preheat oven to 375° F. and line a cupcake pan with liners.
Next, gather all your ingredients together and wash, skin, and dice your apples.
Now, in a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the diced apples.
Then, mix the ingredients with a hand mixer until the batter is smooth and creamy.
Once everything is mixed, fold in the apples, saving about a 1/4-cup of diced apples to sprinkle over the top of the muffins just before they cook.
Afterward, using 1/3-cup measuring cup, fill the muffin liners with the batter and sprinkle the muffins with the remaining apples.
Last, bake for 20-25 minutes, remove when done and serve immediately or store them for later.
I used a modified version of King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Whole Grain Banana Muffins for this recipe.
Tips for Your Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
- When it comes to gluten-free recipes, I’ve learned, more fat you add, the better the final product.
- Make sure to remove the core of the apple after the wash and skin them.
- My experience is that gluten-free baked goods stick to pans, so please use the liners with this recipe.
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups King Arthur Measure for Measure, (We order this from Thrive Market.)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (melted)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium Apples, (washed, skinned, diced)
- 1 Cup Milk, (whole)
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the diced apples.
- Then, mix the ingredients with a hand mixer until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Now, fold in the apples, saving about a 1/4-cup of diced apples to sprinkle over the top of the muffins just before they cook.
- Afterward, using 1/3-cup measuring cup, fill the liners with the batter and sprinkle the muffins with the remaining apples.
- Last, bake for 20-25 minutes, remove when done and serve immediately or store them for later.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one muffin. Actual calories may vary. Apple cinnamon muffins can be stored in a sealed container, on your counter, for up to 3-days.
The gluten-free flour we use is a blend, not gluten-free all-purpose flour.
We prefer to order many of the ingredients (gluten-free flour, spices, cane sugar, etc.) for this recipe from Thrive Market.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g