*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A no-fuss Instant Pot meat sauce prepared in your favorite pressure cooker. Enjoy all the flavors of a slow cooked pasta sauce in less than 20 minutes!
Ever so often I get the craving for a homemade meat sauce. Unfortunately, I don’t always have the time to make one.
Well, thanks to our pressure cooker, time is no longer an issue. In less than half an hour, I can create a warm, hearty dinner.
For today’s post, we’ll be showing you how to make a homemade meat sauce in your Instant Pot.
Shall we get started?
How to make a pressure cooker meat sauce?
As I implied in the description, this recipe is pretty darn simple. First, hit the saute button on your Instant Pot.
Let the cooker warm up and then toss in the ground beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and all of the seasonings and spices.
Next, saute the ingredients until the beef is done. Use the photo above as a reference. Afterward, the turn off the Instant Pot.
On a side note, the vegetables and spices are optional. If you don’t like one of the ingredients, then leave it out.
Once the ground beef has cooked, add the broth and tomatoes. However, DO NOT stir the mixture. Otherwise, it may burn and stick while cooking.
Now, seal the machine, close the valve and press the manual or high pressure cook button.
Set the timer for three (3) minutes. Then, complete a quick release when the timer goes off.
Last, carefully open the lid and stir the meat sauce. Feel free to serve it over any pasta you desire.
That’s it, your Instant Pot meat sauce recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the post and wish you all the best 🙂
Can you freeze meat sauce?
Absolutely, this sauce can be frozen after it’s had some time to cool. In our house, we separate it into multiple freeze bags.
That way we don’t have to thaw out all of the sauce at once. We only use what we need at the time.
Can I make this recipe on the stove?
Sure, all you have to do is saute the meat, spices, and veggies (over medium heat) in a large saucepan. After that, toss in the rest of the ingredients.
While stirring occasionally, let everything simmer over low-medium heat for at least thirty (30) minutes before serving.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef, (we used 93/7 lean)
- 1 Cup White Onion, (diced)
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper, (diced)
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, (fresh or canned)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder, (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder, (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning, (or to taste)
- 1 Cup Beef Broth, (or chicken broth)
- 28 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes, (do not drain)
- Turn on the Instant Pot using the saute function, and allow the steel liner to get hot.
- Add the ground beef, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook and break up the ground beef into small pieces. Continue to saute until the ground beef is browned and cooked through. Turn off the saute function, and drain the grease if desired.
- Pour in the broth and tomatoes, but do NOT stir. Close the machine, and ensure the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual (pressure cook) button, and adjust the time to 3 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve for a quick release.
- Carefully remove the lid, and stir the contents. Serve over pasta noodles or store in the refrigerator for later use.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of half (1/2) a cup of the meat sauce. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 0.5 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g