Welcome to Berly’s Kitchen! We’re so glad you’re here!
Are you new to Berly’s Kitchen? Start here, and let us show you the best way to navigate our website, how to save our content so it’s easy to find later, and how to easily locate our recipes on search engines and social media.
Things to know as you check out our site.
1. Words that are bold, underlined, and maroon in color are clickable.
2. The recipe card, including the full recipe ingredients and instructions, is located near the bottom of each post. It’s about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down the page.
3. There is a “Jump to Recipe” link at the top of each recipe post which allows you scroll past the content in the post.
We have literally hundreds of family-friendly recipes on this site ranging from appetizers to desserts and everything in between. If you’re looking for something specific or just want to browse, here’s the best way to check out all the great recipes just waiting to be discovered.
1. Recipe Index – a list of all the recipes by category, so you can search based on interest.
2. Search Box – place a recipe name or ingredient in the search box (chicken, banana, chocolate cake, etc.). Spelling is important here. A recipe may not show up in the search if a recipe name or ingredient is misspelled.
3. Recommended Content – photos and/or highlighted, clickable text in the post that list similar recipes that may be of interest to you.
We would LOVE it if you’d share our recipes with your friends and family! Here are the best ways to share our content directly from this site to ensure you’ll always have the correct link to get back to your favorite recipes every time.
1. Social Sharing Bar/Buttons – These buttons are gray in color, and are located at the top of each post on a desktop computer and mobile device. Click the button to share the recipe post to the social media platform of your choice (Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter).
2. Pin It Button – Hover over photos in the posts and if the photo is able to be pinned on Pinterest, a red oval with the word “Save” will appear in the top, left corner. Click that button to save the recipe to Pinterest.
3. Print Button – There is a maroon “Print” button on the recipe card. Click that button to save a copy of the recipe card to your computer.
4. Grow.Me – Grow.Me is a newer service that we added last year. It’s multifunctional and includes a couple of ways to share and save recipes. The Grow.Me icon is a medium-sized, maroon heart in the bottom right corner of the screen next to a share symbol (a “<” with a + in the center). Click on the share symbol to open a screen that allows you to share recipes on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. Create an account to save your favorite recipes from any site that uses Grow.Me in one, easy to access location. Think of it as a digital recipe box.
Search for Us
Our recipes are available on many of the large search engines and social media platforms. Due to frequently changing algorithms, sometimes we can be difficult to find. Here are the best ways to search for our content.
1. Google, Bing, Yahoo – If you are looking for a specific recipe and you know you saw it on our site, search for the name of the dish and Berly’s Kitchen. It would look something like this: Berlys Kitchen banana bread
2. Facebook – Search for Berly’s Kitchen, and we should come right up. Take a second to double check that it’s actually us and not a spammy, imposter account or an account that may share a similar name. That happens sometimes. We share several recipe posts a day from our Facebook business page, and we’d love for you to follow us!
3. Pinterest – Much like Google, Pinterest is a search engine. Search for Berly’s Kitchen and include the recipe. A number of our pins should show up along with our account. As with Facebook, double check to ensure the pin brings you back to this site when you click instead of some spammy site.
Don’t forget to learn more about John and me on our “About Us” page. We’re so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you soon!