Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta is an easy, dump and go recipe that is similar to penne alla vodka with the ease of a slow cooker!
Kim and I keep a pretty close eye on our blog for a number of reasons. One of the things that she monitors is our search traffic.
Why would she do that, you ask? Well, to know what people are looking for on our site.
Both dishes feature a tomato based sauce flavored with heavy cream. This slow cooker creamy tomato pasta is pretty much the same thing.
The only differences are that we cooked it in a crock pot and we added chicken for more filling dish.
How to make slow cooker creamy chicken pasta?
First, start by sprinkling salt and pepper, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes (optional) garlic powder, and onion powder on to the raw chicken.
Afterward, place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker. Use the photo below as a reference.
Next, add the marinara sauce (or use our easy marinara sauce recipe instead) into the pot.
Fill the jar with water, put the lid back on it, shake it, and pour that liquid into the pot as well.
After that, place the lid on the crock pot and cook the chicken and sauce for about 3 1/2-hours on high.
Then, remove the chicken and either shred it or cut into bite-sized chunks. Put the meat back into the slow cooker.
At this point, go ahead and pour in the uncooked pasta noodles and heavy cream. Use a spoon to press the noodles beneath the liquid.
Now, place the lid back on the cooker and reduce the heat to low. Let the creamy chicken pasta cook for another 45-minutes. Stir it from time to time to ensure even cooking.
Last, after the noodles have cooked, remove the lid, turn off the heat, stir and serve. That’s it, your slow cooker creamy tomato pasta with chicken is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and we wish you all the best 🙂
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips:
- If you don’t want the chicken, simply follow the same steps but leave out the meat and reduce the total cook time from 3 1/2 hours to 45 minutes (on low).
- As I stated above, you can use a homemade pasta sauce, but you’re still going to need about 24-ounces of extra liquid. Water will work fine or you can use chicken or vegetable broth.
- Keep an eye on the noodles, 45-minutes of cook time is the recommended amount. With that being said, every slow cooker is different, so be aware that they could still overcook. It’s up to you to check them every 15-minutes or so and turn off the heat once they’ve reached your desired texture.
Other slow cooker recipes you may love:
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Crockpot Salisbury Steak
- Chocolate Crockpot Candy Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Don’t forget to check out our Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Pasta web story!
- 1 Lb. Chicken, (boneless, skinless, breasts)
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, (optional)
- 24.5 Ounces Marinara Sauce, (jarred or homemade)
- 24.5 Ounces Water, (or chicken or vegetable broth)
- 16 Ounces Penne Pasta, (or other short pasta noodle)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Season the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Place them in an even layer in the bottom of a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, then pour in marinara sauce. Fill the empty marinara sauce jar with water, close the lid, and give it a shake. Pour the water into the slow cooker.
- Add the lid, and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. After that time, remove the chicken and either shred it or cut it into cubes. Return the chicken to the slow cooker along with the pasta noodles and heavy cream. Press the noodles down to ensure they are submerged in the liquid.
- Close the lid, adjust the setting to low heat, and cook for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how firm you like the noodles cooked. Stir occasionally to make sure the noodles are evenly cooked.
- Serve hot with a side salad and garlic bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients shown and a serving size of about 4-ounces of the slow cooker creamy chicken pasta. Actual calories will vary. Leftovers can be stored, in a sealed container, in your fridge for up to 3 days.
*The noodles can go from crunchy to soft very quickly, so check them often.
*Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 4 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g