A simple, no-fuss slow cooker crockpot candy recipe featuring vanilla flavored almond bark, chocolate chips, roasted peanuts, and creamy peanut butter.
Sometimes, I get a craving for chocolate. Usually, I satisfy it with our white chocolate mocha. But this week Kim wanted to try something new.
How can you go wrong with a treat like that? Let’s get started!
How to make crockpot candy?
First, start by placing the peanuts into the bottom of the crockpot. After that, sprinkle in the chocolate chips, almond bark, and peanut butter.
Next, place a lid on the slow cooker and set it to low. Let the ingredients cook for about an hour.
Then, remove the lid and stir the chocolate mixture.
Afterward, place the lid back on the cooker and let the crockpot candy cook for another thirty (30) minutes.
While the candy cooks, line a nine by thirteen (9 x 13) inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
Once the thirty (30) minutes have passed, remove the lid, turn off the machine, and stir everything.
Last, place spoonfuls of the candy onto the parchment paper and top it with the sprinkles. Let it cool for at least an hour before serving.
That’s it, your chocolate crockpot candy is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the treat and wish you all the best 🙂
Crockpot Candy Tips:
- This recipe creates a soft chocolate. The best way to quickly firm it up, is to place the candy into your freezer for about fifteen (15) minutes. After that, it can be stored on your counter in a sealed container.
- In order to keep the dessert from burning, it’s best to follow the directions as they’re written. Kim layered the ingredients a certain way to keep them from sticking.
- Be careful about substituting ingredients; otherwise, you could mess up the chemistry (the way the ingredients blend) of the candy.
- If you’re looking for another simple candy recipe, try our simple marshmallow recipe.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 32 Ounces Peanuts, (salted, slow roasted, or unsalted)
- 16 Ounces Chocolate Chips, (semi-sweet)
- 32 Ounces Almond Bark, (vanilla or white chocolate flavored)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, (creamy, optional)
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles, (holiday themed)
- Place the peanuts into the bottom of the slow cooker in an even layer. Next add the chocolate chips, almond bark, and peanut butter if using. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the lid and stir the ingredients. Cover again, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir, then drop tablespoon heaps of candy onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Top with sprinkles if using and allow to cool.
- Allow the candy to cool before placing in an airtight container.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1) candy. Actual calories will vary. The crockpot candy can be stored in a sealed container on your counter top or in your fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 10g