*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our favorite creamy tomato pasta prepared in a pressure cooker in less than 20 minutes. A simple weeknight dinner that’s sure to please the whole family!
Is it Monday already? The weekends come and go way too fast. Oh well, time to get back to the grind, so to speak. Fortunately, Kim and I are sharing a recipe that should make this week a little easier.
Our Instant Pot creamy tomato pasta is a quick, delicious dinner that can be made in less time than it takes to deliver a pizza. Best of all, you don’t have to stand on your feet in kitchen after a long day at work.
Using only a handful of ingredients, it’s the perfect answer to the question, “What’s for dinner?” Just to make things even easier, I added a few tips to the bottom of the post, in case you need them.
Well, shall we get started?
Oh, and if you want to try this dish in a crock pot, try our slow cooker creamy chicken pasta! It’s the same dish and you can make it with our without chicken.
Creamy Tomato Pasta Instructions:
Alright, so this recipe is super simple. With that being said, I cannot emphasize how important it is to follow the directions for the tomato pasta.
Otherwise, the noodles may stick and the sauce may break.
To begin, place the liner into the pressure cooker and add the noodles.
After that, pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream.
Do your best to ensure that the noodles are below the liquid. Use our photos as a reference.
Then, pour in the pasta sauce and add the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian spices, and red pepper flakes. Simply, dump them in right in top of the sauce.
Afterward, put the lid on the machine and set the valve to, “sealed.” Press the manual/high pressure cook button and set it to cook for five (5) minutes.
Last, once the timer goes off, carefully open the valve to complete a, “quick release.” Stir the noodles and serve them with your favorite garnishments like grated Parmesan cheese, garlic bread, or fresh basil.
That’s it, your creamy tomato pasta is done. Kim and I hope you enjoy this quick, weeknight meal and wish you all the best 🙂
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta Tips:
The dish will thicken a lot as it cools, especially after it’s been in the refrigerator. Reheat it over low heat to retain as much moisture as possible. It will not be as “saucy” as the when it was first cooked. The noodles soak up a considerable amount of sauce. If you want, you can add a little broth or cream to the pasta as it reheats; however, this will affect the flavor.
Please be sure to follow the directions properly for your first attempt. The recipe was written so that the noodles would completely cook while still maintaining the integrity of the delicate cream. In other words, if you change things up, the heavy cream may break…badly.
Believe it or not, we prefer to use gluten-free noodles in our pressure cooker. For some reason, they have a better texture and turn out less, “gummy,” when pressure cooked than when made on the stove.
Need some quick dinner ideas?
- Weeknight Lemon Basil Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Creamy Kielbasa Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 8 Ounces Short Pasta (penne, rotini, ziti, etc.)
- 1 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Pasta Sauce (red, your favorite brand)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- **Please layer the ingredients in the order listed below.**
- Place the pasta noodles into the liner of the Instant Pot. Pour the chicken broth and heavy cream over the noodles. Press the noodles down so they’re mostly covered by liquid.
- Next pour in the pasta sauce and top it with the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Don’t stir!
- Close the lid, and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Use the manual (pressure cook) button to adjust the time to 5 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve to release the pressure (quick release).
- Stir the noodles and sauce. Top with your favorite cheese, fresh basil, or parsley. Serve hot.