*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple dump and go Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta recipe that’s done in less than 30 minutes! Make your own pesto sauce or use your favorite store brand.
Since it’s Monday, Kim and I feel it’s the perfect time to share a quick dump and go Instant Pot pasta recipe . But, who wants to stand in the kitchen after working all day?
Well, let me introduce you to our Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta. All the flavor of a slow cooked chicken pesto pasta dish in less than half an hour.
Just to be clear up front, this isn’t a creamy chicken pesto pasta unless the pesto sauce by itself seems creamy in texture. This is a just a normal pesto pasta. 🙂
You can use our homemade pesto sauce recipe or your favorite store brand. Let’s get cooking!
How to make Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta:
First, start by cutting the chicken into one (1) inch cubes. That way the meat evenly cooks.
After that, season it with the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper (if using).
Next, place the stainless steel liner into the Instant Pot and add the uncooked pasta.
Afterward, pour in the broth and stir the ingredients. Now, toss in the chicken. Place the meat on top of the pasta noodles.
Then, place the lid on the machine, seal the valve, and set the timer for five (5) minutes using the Manual or High Pressure cook function.
Once the pressure cooker timer goes off, use a kitchen towel to open the valve and release the remaining steam.
Last, drain any excess liquid and then stir in the pesto sauce.
That’s it, your Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta is ready to serve! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and we wish you all the best 🙂
Add-ins for Our Chicken Pesto Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pine Nuts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breast, (boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasonings
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt, (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, (optional)
- 8 Ounces Short Pasta, (uncooked)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth, (enough to cover the noodles)
- 6 Ounces Pesto Sauce, (homemade or store bought)
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks (or smaller), and place into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to evenly disperse the seasoning. Set aside.
- Pour the pasta noodles into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Add the broth. Give it a quick stir to ensure no noodles are stuck together. Add the chicken to the top of the noodles in an even layer.
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 5 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve and complete a quick release. Carefully remove the lid.
- Drain any excess water from the noodles and chicken. Add the pesto sauce, and stir to combine. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about three (3) to four (4) ounces of the finished pesto pasta. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the cherry tomatoes and other garnishments seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3.5 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 554mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g