A simple dump and go Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta recipe that's done in less than 30 minutes! Make your own pesto sauce or use your favorite store brand.
Since it's Monday, Kim and I feel it's the perfect time to share a quick dump and go Instant Pot pasta recipe . But, who wants to stand in the kitchen after working all day?
Well, let me introduce you to our Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta. All the flavor of a slow cooked chicken pesto pasta dish in less than half an hour.
Just to be clear up front, this isn't a creamy chicken pesto pasta unless the pesto sauce by itself seems creamy in texture. This is a just a normal pesto pasta. 🙂
You can use our homemade pesto sauce recipe or your favorite store brand. Let's get cooking!
How to make Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta:
First, start by cutting the chicken into one (1) inch cubes. That way the meat evenly cooks.
After that, season it with the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper (if using).
Next, place the stainless steel liner into the Instant Pot and add the uncooked pasta. Afterward, pour in the broth and stir the ingredients.
Now, toss in the chicken. Place the meat on top of the pasta noodles.
Then, place the lid on the machine, seal the valve, and set the timer for five (5) minutes using the Manual or High Pressure cook function.
Once the pressure cooker timer goes off, use a kitchen towel to open the valve and release the remaining steam. Last, drain any excess liquid and then stir in the pesto sauce.
That's it, your Instant Pot pesto chicken pasta is ready to serve! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and we wish you all the best 🙂
Add-ins for Our Chicken Pesto Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pine Nuts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- 8 ounces short pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, enough to cover the noodles
- 6 ounces pesto sauce, homemade or store bought
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks (or smaller), and place into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to evenly disperse the seasoning. Set aside.1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts1 tablespoon Italian seasonings¼ teaspoon kosher salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the pasta noodles into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Add the broth. Give it a quick stir to ensure no noodles are stuck together. Add the chicken to the top of the noodles in an even layer.8 ounces short pasta2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 5 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve and complete a quick release. Carefully remove the lid.
- Drain any excess water from the noodles and chicken. Add the pesto sauce, and stir to combine. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.6 ounces pesto sauce