Our homemade banana bread muffins are moist and delicious. They’re loaded with sweet Fall spices and crunchy walnuts!
It’s been more than two years since we published this recipe. Back then, we were doing recipe swaps with other bloggers.
It was nice way to try different recipes and get your name out there. But, enough of that, you’re here for the banana bread muffins.
Moist and full of Fall flavors are the words I would use to describe these sweet breakfast treats!
This banana bread muffin recipe is simple to prepare and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
You can make these muffins gluten-fee by using King Arthur Flour’s Cup for Cup Mix. It’s what I use to make all my homemade muffins.
So, shall we get cooking?
How to make banana bread muffins from scratch?
First, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. and lining a muffin pan with cupcake or muffin liners.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to combine the butter and granulated sugar.
Now, you want to cream the butter and sugar together. That means mixing it until it’s light and fluffy. Use the photo above as a reference.
Then, crack the eggs and measure out the vanilla extract. Add these ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
After that, continue to mix everything for another thirty seconds. At this point you can now add the bananas.
Be sure to blend the mixture until all the chunks of banana disappear. You don’t want to have slimy banana pieces in your muffins.
Afterward, blend in the ground cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and all-purpose flour. Your batter should like the banana muffin batter shown below.
Once the dry ingredients have been incorporated, all that’s left to add are the chopped walnuts (or pecans).
If you have a nut allergy or you don’t like nuts, simply leave (omit) them out. It won’t hurt the recipe.
Last, transfer the batter to your liners. As a general rule, I usually only fill my liners about half full. However, feel free to make the muffins as large or as small as you like.
Just keep in mind it will effect the total servings (amount of muffins). Place them into the oven to bake for about twenty minutes.
Once they’re done, remove the banana muffins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
That’s it, your easy banana muffins are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Banana Bread Muffins Recipe Tips:
- You can substitute oil in place of the butter. I recommend starting with a 1/2-cup and increasing the amount, if needed.
- Also, for even more Fall flavor, consider adding a 1/4-cup of brown sugar. However, you’ll need to reduce the granulated sugar by 1/4-cup (from 1-cup to 3/4-cup).
- Want this recipe in loaf form? It’s the same recipe we use for our Best Banana Bread Recipe.
Do you need baking powder to make banana bread muffins?
Can you freeze banana muffins?
How long do banana muffins keep?
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, (softened)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Bananas, (over ripe)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, (optional)
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Walnuts, (or pecans, chopped, nuts are optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue to mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the bananas, and mix until no chunks remain. Add the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and flour. Mix until just combined. Then fold in the nuts if using.
- Divide the batter equally among the muffin liners. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the muffins to a cooling rack. Store any leftovers in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 banana muffin. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.