*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
This holiday season, try our chocolate covered pretzels recipe. A salty, crunchy pretzel smothered in smooth chocolate and topped with colorful sprinkles!
These little treats are salty, sweet, and the perfect size for snacking. Best of all, they’re so colorful when you add the decorating sprinkles. Additionally, you could easily make these as gifts or party favors for your loved ones.
In case you were wondering, yes, our chocolate covered pretzels recipe is simple to prepare. It only takes about 30 to 40 minutes to smoother all those savory pretzels in rich, decadent chocolate.
- First, lay out your parchment or wax paper for the pretzels to sit on while they cool.
- Next, in a double-boiler, begin melting one type of chocolate over low heat. Stir constantly!
- Then, after the chocolate melts, place three to five pretzels in the creamy mixture and coat them with chocolate.
- Now, use a fork to gently remove each pretzel and lay it on the wax paper to dry.
- Afterward, sprinkle the pretzel with decorative sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.
- Last, let the chocolate covered pretzels cool on the paper for at least 20 minutes or until the chocolate is solid.
- You will want to repeat the process for the other type of chocolate.
- You can use a microwave to melt the chocolate. Use a microwave-safe bowl, half power on your microwave, and melt the chocolate in 15-second intervals, while stirring in between each interval.
- Don’t leave the chocolate unattended. It can burn easily and that would ruin your dish.
- Different sized pretzels will change the number of pretzels you can make using the chocolate measurements.
- Try different types of toppings, like finely chopped nuts or crushed peppermints.
- Go to your local craft store to buy decorative candy bags and make these as holiday gifts or party favors.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe
- 108 Mini Pretzels
- 10 Ounces Dark Melting Chocolate (We used Ghiradelli melting chips)
- 10 Ounces White Melting Chocolate (We used Ghiradelli melting chips)
- 6 Ounces Decorating Sprinkles
- First, place a large sheet of parchment or waxed paper on the counter.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate on low heat in a double boiler stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted.
- Then, after the dark chocolate is melted, place 4-5 pretzels at a time into melted chocolate. Make sure pretzels are completely covered.
- Now, use a fork to remove each pretzel from the chocolate and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Afterward, place chocolate covered pretzel onto parchment or waxed paper.
- Last, add the sprinkles while chocolate is still warm.
- Repeat the process (steps 2 through 6) for the white chocolate after using the dark chocolate.