Our easy pecan pie recipe shows you how to create this Southern staple in just five simple steps. All the flavor of Grandma’s pecan pie without the hassle!
If you’re looking for a simple Southern dessert, then you’ve come to the right place.
This easy pecan pie recipe works perfectly with a homemade or store-bought pie crust. So long as it’s raw.
If you need a little extra guidance, we’ve provided detailed instructions in the post below. Otherwise, the recipe card is at the bottom.
Let’s get started!
How to make pecan pie?
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. and place a raw pie crust into the nine (9) inch pie pan.
Now, it’s time to make the filling. Grab a medium saucepan and place it over low heat.
Next, add the butter and brown sugar. While stirring, let the mixture melt down into a syrup. Once this happens, remove it from the heat.
Then, stir in the corn syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and pecan pieces.
When everything has been combined, carefully pour the filling into the unbaked crust.
Last, bake the pie, uncovered for fifty to sixty (50-60) minutes or until the filling sets. Let it cool for an hour before serving the pecan pie.
However, if your crust starts to brown too quickly, place a foil tent over the pie until it finishes cooking.
That’s it, your easy pecan pie recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the dessert and wish you all the best this holiday season 🙂
How to decorate pecan pie?
This step is optional, please don’t feel obligated to do this. Kim chose to add the extra pecans for a nicer presentation.
Start from the edge, lay the pecans in a spiral pattern, and work your way towards the center of the pie. That’s it, pretty easy, right?
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 9 Inch Pie Crust, (store bought or homemade)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, (packed)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Pecans, (more if you to decorate the top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and place the unbaked crust into a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes, just until the mixture is combined and the sugar melts. Remove from heat.
- Add the corn syrup, vanilla, salt, eggs, and pecans to the sugar mixture. Stir to combine, then pour into the unbaked pie shell. Top with additional pecans if desired.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the filling sets and the crust is golden brown. If the crust appears to be browning too quickly, cover the pie with a foil tent.
- Allow the pie to cool for at least an hour before serving.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1) slice (when the pie is cut into eight ((8)) equal sized portions). Actual calories will vary.
**Optional: decorating the top of the pie with extra pecans is optional and NOT included in the calorie count**
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 57gProtein: 6g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.