*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Kim’s homemade coffee ice cream with chocolate chips is the simple but decadent dessert you have been searching for all Summer long.
Homemade coffee ice cream is a household favorite with our family.
It’s the only time in which our son is allowed to have anything coffee related.
This recipe is a great option when you want a smooth and creamy coffee flavored dessert.
Where we live, finding an espresso style ice cream is a chore. That’s why we decided to start making a homemade coffee ice cream.
I am very pleased with this dish because it is so smooth and tasty. Unlike other store bought brands, it has a soft-serve texture.
You know what I mean? Other brands have that “rough” feeling on your tongue.
Almost like they have been frozen to the point the milk fat turns hard and chewy. Our homemade coffee ice cream doesn’t have that problem.
It’s soft and luxurious, like velvet.
The coffee flavor really shines with this homemade coffee ice cream recipe. It cuts through the sweetness without being overpowering and making everything bitter.
The chocolate chips freeze and add a little texture variety to the dessert.
In closing, I highly recommend making our homemade coffee ice cream for your family and friends. It’s cold, creamy, smooth, and delicious!
The perfect dessert to cool you down after a day in the Summer sunshine. As always, I wish everyone a long life, a healthy future, and tummy filled with ice cream.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 14 Ounce Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cold Brew Coffee
- 4 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- First, in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it starts to form stiff peaks.
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk and coffee to the whipped cream and mix the ingredients on low speed with a mixer until everything is well-combined.
- After that step, gently fold in the chocolate chips and transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container.
- Last, cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid, and place the ice cream in your freezer for at least six hours. For best results, let the dessert freeze overnight, because once the dish is frozen, it is ready to serve.
The calorie count and serving count provided is an approximation based on 1/4 to 1/3 cup serving sizes. The prep time listed includes at least six hours of time for the ice cream to freeze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g