*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe that comes together in about 30 minutes. Combine it with a serving for rice of tasty meal!
I don’t know about you, but from time to time, I get a craving for Asian-inspired dishes like egg rolls or fried rice. While we have a few recipes like that on our site, Kim and I want to add more choices.
So, for today’ recipe, we’re sharing our Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe. All you need is a little steamed broccoli and some rice to satisfy that craving for take-out.
Shall we get started?
Love the combination of meat and rice? Then take a look at our easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken and rice recipe.
Equipment Needed for Recipe:
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
How to make Instant Pot beef broccoli?
- First, start by slicing, dicing and mincing the beef, onions, garlic, and fresh ginger if you used that instead of ground.
- Furthermore, now is a good time to steam the broccoli. See our tips below on quick methods.
- Next, separate the strips of beef and season them with salt and pepper.
- After that, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the onions, garlic, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Now, place the liner into the cooker and add the beef and the sauce. Place the lid on the machine.
- Then, set the Instant Pot to cook for five (5) minutes using the high pressure/manual cook button.
- While the beef and broccoli cook, use a whisk to combine the corn starch and water in a small mixing bowl.
- Afterward, allow the machine to preform a natural release for five (5) minutes before carefully (using a kitchen towel) opening the valve to release the remaining pressure (quick release).
- At this point, you can open the lid, pour in the corn starch mixture, and stir the food. Turn the machine on and set it to saute.
- Afterward, let the beef broccoli saute until it reaches the desired thickness. Turn off the machine and stir in the steamed broccoli.
- Last, serve the dish over rice or any side of your choice.
Kim and I hope you enjoyed the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
- Cooking the broccoli separately is best method. Adding it (frozen or raw) to the beef will result in mushy, overcooked broccoli florets. You have a few options to choose from. For example, microwavable steamed broccoli works well. You can lightly boil the vegetable or try steaming broccoli in your pressure cooker using our method.
- While we used stir fry meat for our recipe, that option may not be available for you. Try getting the meat thinly sliced, less than 1/4 in. thickness. Otherwise, it may take longer than five (5) minutes to fully cook. Personally, I like my beef medium, so I feel you could get away with a four (4) minute cook time, but we have NOT tested it. So, do so at your own risk.
- Similar to the broccoli, feel free to use microwave or even minute rice. It works just fine for this recipe. Also, Kim provided a pot-in-pot option in the recipe notes for cooking rice at the same time as the beef.
Looking for more pressure cooker recipes?
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you like our Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 Lb. Stir Fry Meat (thinly beef, cut into 1/4 thick pieces)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (finely diced)
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger (or 1 tablespoon fresh, minced)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 12 Ounces Broccoli Florets (steamed or blanched)
- Separate the strips of beef and ensure they aren’t clumped together. Season them with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot.
- Add the strips of beef, close the lid, and ensure the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual (pressure cook) button, then adjust the time to 5 minutes* (see note). After 5 minutes, allow a 5 minute natural release.
- While the beef cooks, make the cornstarch slurry. Whisk together the cold water and cornstarch then set aside.
- After the natural release, open the lid, and stir the contents. Press “Cancel” to turn off the “Keep Warm” function. Then, press “Saute.” Pour in the cornstarch slurry, and stir until the desired thickness is reached. Press, “Cancel” again, and stir in steamed broccoli.
- Serve over rice or side of your choice.