Our Instant Pot pork chops feature boneless, center-cut pork chops perfectly seasoned and served with a sour cream sauce!
You can never have enough pressure cooker recipes. Especially, comforting Fall recipes like Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup.
For today, we're sharing another hearty, pressure cooker meal. It's our Instant Pot pork chops with sour cream gravy.
Boneless pork chops smothered in warm gravy in 30-minutes or less? Sign me up for that!
We served ours' with mashed potatoes and topped everything with a savory sour cream sauce.
The sauce is flavored with the pan drippings, seasonings, and sour cream. It's pretty darn tasty.
So, shall we get started?
How to make Instant Pot pork chops with sour cream sauce?
First, start by preheating the Instant Pot. Use the sauté function on the machine. While it heats, season the pork.
Kim sprinkled salt and pepper on both sides of the chops. Once the liner is hot, it's time to add the butter and meat.
Next, sauté the pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side to brown them. Afterward, remove them from the liner.
At this point, you can add the sliced onions and sauté them too. Now, once they're soft, pour in the broth and Worcestershire sauce.
The liquid will de-glaze the pan as it steams. However, I still recommend scraping the bottom of the liner with a wooden spoon.
Doing so, will help avoid a burn notice on your machine.
Now, once your done scraping the pot, turn off the machine, and put the chops back into the pan.
Then, place the lid on the cooker (lock it into place) and close the valve. Press the manual (high pressure) cook button.
After that, set the cook time for 3-minutes (see the tips section for alternate cook times).
In the meantime, prepare the corn starch slurry by whisking together corn starch and water in a small bowl.
Also, you'll need to allow for a 10-minute natural release before opening the valve to release the remaining pressure.
When the chops are done, remove them from the liner and cover them with foil. Use the sauté button again to keep the liquid hot.
Pour in the corn starch slurry and stir the gravy while it thickens. As soon as it reaches your desired thickness, turn off the heat.
Last, let the gravy cool for 4-5 minutes, then whisk in the sour cream.
That's it, pour the sour cream sauce over the pork chops and serve!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the Instant Pot pork chops and wish you all the best 🙂
- For our recipe, we used boneless, center-cut pork chops. As a result, we only needed to cook them for 3-minutes. However, if your chops are thicker, you'll need to increase the cook time.
- For example, ½-inch thick pork chops can be done in 3-minutes. Whereas, ¾-inch thick chops might need an 8-minute cook time. Especially, if you're using bone-in pork chops.
- If you're not careful, the meat will dry out quickly. So, make sure the liner is hot before you add the pork. Otherwise, it will not sear properly, resulting in dried out pork chops.
- Also, be aware that if you skip the natural release, the meat may not be fully cooked and tender.
- Make this in the oven with our Baked Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds boneless pork chops, about ½ to 1 inch thick (See Note*)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Turn on the Instant Pot using the “sauté” button. While the Instant Pot heats, season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper. When the stainless steel insert gets hot, add the butter and pork chops. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until just barely browned. Remove from the insert to a waiting plate.1 to 1 ½ pounds boneless pork chops1 teaspoon kosher salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the onions, and continue to sauté until they begin to soften. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the insert.½ cup white onion1 cup low-sodium beef broth1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Turn off the Instant Pot by pressing the “cancel” button. Return the pork chops to the pot. Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 3 minutes. While the pork chops cook, make the cornstarch slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and cold water.1 tablespoon cornstarch2 tablespoons cold water
- After the 3 minutes is up, allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure. Remove the pork chops from the insert and loosely cover with foil. Press the “sauté” button, and add the cornstarch slurry. Whisk the liquid until it reaches the desired thickness then press “cancel.” Allow the liquid to cool for 3-4 minutes before whisking in the sour cream.⅓ cup sour cream
- Serve the sour cream gravy over the pork chops with a side of mashed potatoes, with noodles, or steamed broccoli.