Our Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup has all the flavor of stuffed peppers without all the hassle. It's an easy pressure cooker recipe everyone will love!
It might not feel like it, but Fall is fast approaching. Before long, we'll go from mojitos and salads to spiced hot chocolates and soup.
In other words, it's time to start sharing those warm and comforting dishes. We have to do something to stave off the cold temperatures.
For today's recipe, Kim and I decided to share her Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup recipe. As I said above, it has all the flavor of stuffed peppers without all the fuss.
Shall we get started?
Stuffed Pepper Soup Instructions:
First, place the liner into the machine and set it to the, "saute," function.
Next, add the ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper.
Now, let the mixture cook until the beef is browned. Meaning, there are no pink spots left in the meat.
Then, add the beef broth and use your spoon to scrap off anything that has stuck to bottom of the liner (deglaze the liner).
After that, turn off the Instant Pot and toss in the diced peppers and tomatoes, along with the tomato sauce and rice.
Stir the mixture to combine everything. At this point, you'll want to place the lid on the cooker and seal the valve.
Press the manual or high pressure cook button. Make sure the timer is set for ten (10) minutes. Once the timer beeps, allow a five (5) minute natural release.
Last, carefully open the valve to release the remaining pressure and remove the lid. Stir the pepper soup.
That's it, your Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup recipe is done! All you need to do is serve it. Kim and I hope you enjoy the soup and wish you all the best 🙂
How many calories are in a bowl of stuffed pepper soup?
If you follow our recipe and purchase the same ingredients, our soup has 259 kcal for every half (½) a cup of soup you eat.
We try to list the nutritional facts in the recipe card for every recipe we make. So, if you're ever curious, simply scroll down to the recipe card.
How do you thicken red pepper soup?
You have a couple of options. A cornstarch slurry (cornstarch and water combined) works for most pressure cooker recipes.
On the other hand, you can also use melted butter and flour (blonde roux) and add that to the hot soup. Heat the soup while stirring until it reaches a thickness you'll enjoy.
Other Instant Pot soup recipes you may enjoy:
- Best Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup with Bacon
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you like our Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly's Kitchen!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 pound ground beef, We used 93/7.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 bell peppers, any color or variety you like, about 4 cups when diced
- ¾ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, 1 can
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes, 1 can undrained
- Turn on the Instant Pot using the saute function. When the liner is hot, add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Break the ground beef into small pieces, and cook until it’s no longer pink inside.1 pound ground beef1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon onion powder1 teaspoon paprika
- Pour the beef broth into the pot, and scrape any bits that may be stuck to the bottom off the liner. Turn off the Instant Pot.4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- Add the bell peppers, rice, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing, and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 10 minutes. When the time is up, allow a 5 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure. Carefully open the lid, stir the soup, and serve.3 bell peppers¾ cup long grain white rice15 ounces tomato sauce14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes