Create a quick and easy appetizer that satisfies any cheese lover. Our marinated cheese recipe features three kinds of cheese in a white wine vinegar marinade.
Yesterday, we shared a delicious cocktail recipe. Since you already have the drinks covered, why not serve an appetizer as well?
For today’s post, we’re sharing our marinated cheese recipe. Two kinds of cheddar cheese along with cream cheese marinated in a tangy vinaigrette.
Shall we get started?
How to make marinated cheese?
First, use your knife and cutting board to slice up all three cheese varieties.
You want to cut them in one (1) inch squares that are about a fourth (1/4) of an inch thick.
Next, place the squares of cheese on a serving platter with a rim or into a bowl.
You can put the squares into a decorative pattern if you like. Take a look at the photo below.
After that, grab a large glass measuring cup or bowl and start making the marinade.
Pour in the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chopped parsley, diced pimentos, sliced green onions, minced garlic, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
Now, use your whisk to blend the ingredients into a vinaigrette for your marinated cheese. Then, carefully pour the marinade over the cheese.
Last, serve the cheese right away with crackers or toasted bread. Or, you can cover it and store it in your fridge and let it marinate for an hour before serving.
That’s it, your marinated cheese recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the snack and we wish you all the best 🙂
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 8 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, (cut into small squares)
- 8 Ounces White Cheddar Cheese, (cut into small squares)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (cut into small squares)
White Wine Marinade
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, (finely chopped)
- 2 Ounces Pimentos, (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions, (finely chopped)
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, (minced or pressed)
- 1 Teaspoon Basil, (dried or fresh chopped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt, (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, (optional)
- Cut both of the cheddar cheeses and the cream cheese into 1-inch x 1-inch pieces about ¼ inch thick. Arrange them on a rimmed edge serving platter in an alternating pattern beginning with a row of white cheddar, then a row of yellow cheddar, followed by cream cheese, then repeat until all the cheese has been used. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, bowl, or jar with a lid, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, pimentos, green onions, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the cheese. Serve with your favorite crackers, veggie slices, or toasted bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1) ounce of the marinated cheese. Actual calories will vary. The dish can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to three (3) days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g