Create a quick and easy appetizer that satisfies any cheese lover. Our marinated cheese recipe features three kinds of cheese in a white wine vinegar marinade.
Yesterday, we shared a delicious cocktail recipe. Since you already have the drinks covered, why not serve an appetizer as well?
For today's post, we're sharing our marinated cheese recipe. Two kinds of cheddar cheese along with cream cheese marinated in a tangy vinaigrette.
Shall we get started?
How to make marinated cheese?
First, use your knife and cutting board to slice up all three cheese varieties.
You want to cut them in 1 inch squares that are about a ¼ inch thick.
Next, place the squares of cheese on a serving platter with a rim or into a bowl.
You can put the squares into a decorative pattern if you like. Take a look at the photo below.
After that, grab a large glass measuring cup or bowl and start making the marinade.
Pour in the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chopped parsley, diced pimentos, sliced green onions, minced garlic, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
Now, use your whisk to blend the ingredients into a vinaigrette for your marinated cheese. Then, carefully pour the marinade over the cheese.
Last, serve the cheese right away with crackers or toasted bread. Or, you can cover it and store it in your fridge and let it marinate for an hour before serving.
That's it, your marinated cheese recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the snack and we wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small squares
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, cut into small squares
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese, cut into small squares
White Wine Marinade
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 ounces pimentos, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- Cut both of the cheddar cheeses and the cream cheese into 1-inch x 1-inch pieces about ¼ inch thick. Arrange them on a rimmed edge serving platter in an alternating pattern beginning with a row of white cheddar, then a row of yellow cheddar, followed by cream cheese, then repeat until all the cheese has been used. Set aside.8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese8 ounces white cheddar cheese8 ounces block-style cream cheese
- In a measuring cup, bowl, or jar with a lid, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, pimentos, green onions, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.½ cup extra virgin olive oil½ cup white wine vinegar¼ cup freshly chopped parsley2 ounces pimentos2 tablespoons green onions1 garlic cloves1 teaspoon dried basil¼ teaspoon kosher salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the marinade over the cheese. Serve with your favorite crackers, veggie slices, or toasted bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.