*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sausage and peppers is a quick weeknight dinner that goes from prep to table in about 30 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
This sausage and peppers recipe might just be the easiest recipe on our entire site. It’s hands down one of the most versatile and crowd pleasing recipes that we’ve made.
What makes these sausage, peppers, and onions so great? It only takes a few minutes to slice up the peppers, onions, and sausage, then toss them on a sheet pan.
Pop it in the oven, and let it cook! Doesn’t get much simpler than that.
Not to mention, there are so many varieties of sausage and peppers, so it’s easy to mix and match your favorites.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Wash the peppers, and cut them into thin strips about 1/2 inch wide. Use whatever type of peppers you like (bell, Anaheim, poblano, banana, etc.).
Next, slice the onion into strips the same size as the peppers, about a 1/2 inch wide.
Cut the sausage into circles about a 1/2 inch thick.
Place the sausage, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet, salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
What is Served with Sausage, Peppers, and Onions?
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- In a hoagie, bratwurst, or hot dog bun topped with cheese
- On sliced baguettes like our Sausage and Pepper Crostinis
Tips for the Best Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers:
- Make sure the sausage is cooked through prior to serving. It sounds like common sense, but I wanted to mention it. Some sausage is sold precooked, so it only needs to be reheated. Other sausage needs to be cooked all the way through. This recipe should allow enough time to cook the sausage thoroughly. However, it’s best to know what kind of sausage you’ve purchased prior to getting started.
- Cut the ingredients to the same size to ensure they’ll cook evenly. Nothing is worse than having overcooked onions and under-cooked peppers, because they’ve been cut to different sizes.
- Choose flavors you and you’re family will enjoy. If you don’t like green peppers, leave them out. Maybe add some herbs or spices like a sprinkle of fajita seasoning or taco seasoning. As with all of our recipes, many of the ingredients are interchangeable. We want you to enjoy the food, so make it to your liking. Use our recipe as a guide.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 12 Ounces Andouille Sausage, (sliced)
- 1 Medium White or Spanish Onion, (sliced)
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers , (various colors, sliced)
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Next, wash all the peppers, then slice them into strips approximately 1/2 inch in width.
- Afterward, peel the skin from your onion and slice it in half. Then, slice the onions halves into chunks about 1/2 inch pieces.
- After that step, remove the sausage from its packaging and slice the ingredient into 1/2 inch circles.
- Last, spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and lay all the ingredients onto the pan. Place the into your preheated oven and let everything bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the sausage, onions, and peppers are done, remove them from the oven and serve while the dish is still hot.
The calorie count listed below is an approximation based on the ingredients listed. The sheet pan meal can be served over rice, pasta, or on a hoagie bun with marinara.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 767mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 18g