*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Nothing beats a zesty Italian grilled chicken sandwich with marinated, tender grilled chicken and crunchy vegetables on a soft hoagie roll.
I don’t know about you, but I love a nice zesty Italian grilled chicken sandwich! If you have never had one before, then you are in for a treat. It tastes like an Italian Chicken Salad on a bun. It’s loaded with marinated chicken and fresh, crunchy vegetables. In other words, it has the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
Since it’s grilled, the sugars in the dressing caramelize and char up nicely. We use a cast iron stovetop grill in our house. It has been seasoned over the years, so you know there’s going to be a lot of flavor in every bite. The spices in the dressing work well with chicken and give it a tangy zip that hits the back of your taste buds.
The longest part, when it comes making the dish, is waiting for the chicken to marinate. You want to let it sit in your fridge for at least an hour. It’s important to note that if you want a more intense dressing taste, then let the chicken stew in the container for longer than the recommended amount of time.
As stated earlier, the best way to describe this recipe is an Italian Chicken Salad on a bun. So, if this sounds right up your alley, then I encourage you to indulge yourself. In closing, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and tummy full of delicious tangy eats!
Zesty Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 16 Ounces Zesty Italian Vinaigrette
- 4 Large Hoagie Rolls
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- First, remove the chicken from its package and trim off any excess fat. Then combine the breasts and the zesty Italian vinaigrette in a sealed container. Let the chicken marinate for at least one hour in your fridge.
- Next, while the meat marinates, wash your vegetables. Slice the tomatoes and onions into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Tear the romaine leaves to fit the hoagie rolls.
- After that, slice the bread by cutting in half horizontally splitting each loaf into two equal pieces.
- Now, once an hour has passed, preheat your grill on medium heat and remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Transfer the meat to the hot grill and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until it is completely done.
- Then, place some of the lettuce on the bottom halves of the hoagies and put a piece of chicken on top of the greens. On the top half of the hoagies, add your condiments (mayonnaise/mustard) and then the onions and tomatoes.
- Last, put the tops and bottoms of the sandwiches together and serve with your favorite side dishes.