Want a grilled chicken sandwich recipe that’s loaded with flavor? We marinated chicken breast in Italian dressing and grilled it to perfection!
Who doesn’t love a great sandwich recipe? I know I do and that’s why we’re sharing today’s post.
Like I mentioned before, we marinated chicken breasts in our homemade Italian dressing and grilled them over high heat to keep them moist and tender.
You can serve them on a brioche bun, hoagie, or on their own with a side dish of your choice. So, shall we get started?
How to make a grilled chicken sandwich?
First, prep your ingredients. Wash and slice the tomatoes, wash the lettuce, slice the onion, and trim away any fat from the chicken breasts.
Next, grab a zip-top freezer bag or container with a lid and pour in the dressing.
After that, seal the bag or container. If possible, try to press out any extra air from the bag.
Now, place the marinating chicken into your fridge for one hour.
Afterward, remove them from fridge and preheat your grill or griddle over medium heat.
Then, once your grill or pan is hot, cook the chicken for six (6) to eight (8) minutes on each side or until they’re done.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure each piece has an internal temperature of 165° F. at the thickest point.
Last, when the meat is done, remove it from the grill or pan and let it rest while you build the sandwiches.
That’s it, your grilled chicken sandwich recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
- Always wash your cutting board and knife with warm, soapy water every time you cut something new. For example, wash it right after slicing the tomatoes, before using them to cut the onions.
- A meat thermometer is a wonderful tool. I recommend buying one as soon as possible.
- If you don’t want to make your own Italian dressing, then use a store bought one. But, try to get one with a low-sugar count. Otherwise, the sugar will burn and stick to your grill.
- Leftovers should be stored separately so the buns don’t get soggy in the fridge.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich RecipePrint Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces Italian dressing, homemade or store-bought
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup purple onion
- First, remove the chicken from its package and trim off any excess fat. Wash and slice the lettuce, tomato, and onion.1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Next, combine the chicken with the Italian dressing in a freezer bag. Place the bag into your fridge to marinate for 1 hour.16 ounces Italian dressing
- Now, once an hour has passed, preheat your grill on medium heat and remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Transfer the meat to the hot grill and let it cook for approximately 6-8 minutes on each side or until it is completely done.
- Last, let the chicken rest for a few minutes. Build your sandwiches and enjoy!4 sandwich rolls2 cups lettuce1 tomato½ cup purple onion