A festive 4-ingredient peppermint martini made with peppermint and vanilla vodkas. This brisk, refreshing drink is sure to be a hit with friends and family.
For today, Kim and I decided to share our peppermint martini. It might be a little on the sweet side, however, it still has all the kick you'd expect from a well-made martini.
Now, if you follow us, then you know we love cocktails and martinis. This is especially true during the holiday season, and I can honestly say this is my new favorite Christmas martini recipe.
It's not just a peppermint martini, it's a cream-based version of the drink. That means it's going to be a little calorie heavy, but I feel like it's worth the indulgence.
If you want something a little lighter, try our lemon drop martini. In addition to the half and half, I decided to make this martini with vanilla vodka.
The vanilla flavor mixes well with the dairy and the peppermint vodka. In regards to difficulty, this peppermint holiday drink ranks pretty low on the scale.
Peppermint Cocktail Tips
- Peppermint syrup isn't always easy to find and we understand. Try using peppermint Schnapps in place of the syrup. Not only will it provide additional peppermint flavor, the liqueur will add a little more kick to your drink. With that being said, please drink responsibly.
- To reduce the calories in this recipe, try substituting milk in place of the half and half. It won't be as rich and creamy, but it will definitely lower the calorie count.
- Dairy can be tricky, or downright troublesome for some people, feel free to use dairy-free options in place of the half and half. Coconut cream is great alternative because of the high fat content.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- handful ice
- 1 ounce peppermint vodka
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 teaspoon peppermint syrup, similar to Torani brand (or peppermint schnapps)
- 4 ounces half and half
- First, in a shaker half-filled with ice, combine both the vodkas, the syrup, and the half and half.1 ounce peppermint vodka1 ounce vanilla vodka1 teaspoon peppermint syrup4 ounces half and half
- Next, gently shake or stir the ingredients to blend them.
- Strain into a 6-ounce cocktail or martini glass and serve chilled and neat (without the ice).