Tart, sweet, full of fresh lemon flavor, and perfectly sippable, our 3 Ingredient Lemon Drop Martini checks off all the boxes. It’s the cocktail you’ll want to make all summer long!
How to Make Our 3 Ingredient Lemon Drop Martini
Scroll to the recipe card below for full instructions and ingredient amounts!
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a martini glass. Then, dip the rim of the glass in sugar (either granulated or coarse sugar, like cane sugar, will work).
- Give the ingredients a good shake, and strain the lemon drop into your chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice. Enjoy immediately!
Lemon Drop Tips and Variations:
- The sugar rim is optional but adds a nice touch to this 3 ingredient lemon drop martini. You can simply prepare the cocktail without the sugar rim and serve it in a martini glass.
- Adjust the simple syrup as needed to get the lemon drop just right. Add more simple syrup for a sweeter cocktail or use a little less simple syrup for a martini that’s a little more tart.
- Swap out the vodka with gin or rum if vodka isn’t available.
- Try a flavored vodka such a citrus vodka or even whipped cream flavored vodka for a different flavor variation.
Storage: Our 3 ingredient lemon drop martini is best enjoyed immediately. If needed, store the drink in the refrigerator for a few minutes or up to overnight to keep it cool.
Make Ahead: Make a large batch of lemon drop martinis ahead of time by mixing the ingredients in a large pitcher and storing in the refrigerator until ready to serve (a few hours or up to overnight). Prepare the martini glasses just prior to serving, just don’t forget to chill them ahead of time!
3 Ingredient Lemon Drop MartiniPrint Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ⅓ ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup, or more to taste
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a martini glass. Then, dip the rim in sugar. Chill the glass while you make the martini.
- Fill a drink shaker with ice, vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake to combine.2 ounces vodka1 ⅓ ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice1 ounce simple syrup
- Strain the mixture as you it pour into the glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.
- Serve immediately. See post for storage options.