Our Pineapple Martini is a sweet and festive tropical-inspired cocktail made with pineapple juice, coconut rum, and vanilla vodka. It's an easy-to-make summer drink that will transport you to the islands!
In just 5 minutes, you can create the ultimate summertime cocktail! It's deliciously fruity and customizable, so you'll get your favorite drink every time.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Coconut Rum: Some brands of coconut rum are sweeter than others, so use your favorite. We love Malibu, Blue Chair Bay, and Wicked Dolphin brands.
- Pineapple Juice: Canned, jarred, or fresh pineapple juice work for this recipe. The color and sweetness will vary depending on which variety you choose.
- Vanilla Vodka: Use your favorite brand. Whipped cream flavored vodka makes a good substitute.
How to Make a Pineapple Martini with Rum:
This 3 ingredient martini with pineapple juice only takes a few minutes to prepare. Make one for yourself or a pitcher for a crowd.
Scroll to the recipe card below for ingredient amounts and full instructions.
Tips for Success:
- Consider adding a splash of grenadine to enhance the sweetness of the martini. This makes a Bikini Martini!
- Add some coconut milk or coconut cream for richness and creaminess.
- For a tangier taste, add lime juice or lemonade to your pineapple martini.
- Rim the glass with sugar and/or grated coconut flakes.
- Add some ginger ale or lemon-lime soda for a fun fizziness in the cocktail.
- Consider using pineapple-infused liquor for added flavor.
How to Store a Pineapple Coconut Martini:
Refrigerator: This cocktail is best served immediately. If you happen to have any of your drink leftover, store it in a glass or plastic container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Are there variations on this martini?
Yes, there are several ways to change up this pineapple martini recipe. Use white, dark rum, or pineapple rum in place of coconut rum.
Try swapping vodka for gin or adding a spritz of lemon or lime juice for tartness. For added sweetness, pour in a bit of simple syrup or grenadine.
Is it possible to make an alcohol-free martini?
Yes, absolutely! Simply omit the rum and vodka and use a mix of pineapple juice, coconut water, club soda, or simple syrup for sweetness. Add any other flavorings you like.
Ginger ale or lemon-lime soda are great additions for a fizzy twist. If desired, add a splash of grenadine for color.
Can you double this recipe?
Yes, this recipe can easily be doubled. Simply double all of the ingredients and use a larger cocktail shaker or jar to mix them together. Make sure the glass you serve it in is large enough as well!
Can you prepare these cocktails ahead of time?
To make cocktails for a crowd, scale up the recipe to accommodate the amount you'll need and mix the ingredients in a large pitcher. Chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours. Make sure to remove the ice so it won't water down the cocktails.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- Ice, for the drink shaker
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- Pineapple chunk, or wedge for garnish
- Chill the glass while you prepare the drink.
- Add a handful of ice and the drink ingredients to a drink shaker. Shake gently to combine the ingredients.2 ounces coconut rum2 ounces pineapple juice1 ounce vanilla vodka
- Strain into the chilled glass, garnish, and enjoy!
- Scroll up and see the post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.