Our Key Lime Martini is full of tropical flavors and only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. It’s the perfect blend of coconut and key lime with a touch of heavy cream.
This key lime martini is everything you want in a cocktail. It’s easy to make, smooth, and perfectly balanced. Some of our other favorite cocktails are this classic mojito, easy frozen daiquiri, and easy raspberry martini.
Key Lime Cocktail
Creamy, fruit flavored cocktails are some of my absolute favorite things. I love to taste test them and pair them with fresh dishes. When we lived in Florida, John created this key lime martini. His version didn’t have heavy cream. I added that later to give it a little different feel.
Now that we aren’t living near a coast, this is one of my favorite cocktails. It’s packed full of all the tropical flavors I love, and it’s easy to make. This cocktail uses easy to find ingredients, even the key lime juice is sold in some supermarkets.
I hope you enjoy this drink as much as I do. There’s an option with or without the heavy cream. I have it listed in the “Tips and Variations” section below.
How to Make a Key Lime Martini:
- Place the ice in a drink shaker.
- Pour in vodka, coconut rum, heavy cream, simple syrup, and key lime juice.
- Add the lid and swirl gently to combine.
- Serve in a chilled glass.
Key Lime Martini Tips and Variations:
- Key Lime Juice: We use bottled key lime juice for this martini. If you want to swap that out with lime juice, it will work. You’ll be making a lime martini as opposed to a key lime martini. It does taste slightly different.
- Heavy Cream: I’ve made this cocktail with and without the heavy cream. There are a couple things to note when using heavy cream. Adding too much key lime juice can cause the cream to curdle, so be cautious of adding extra. When mixing the martini, swirl gently, DON’T SHAKE! Shaking will cause the heavy cream to stick to the ice and separate.
- Rum: We use coconut rum for this recipe, but if you’d prefer a white or silver rum that will work great.
- Vodka: We use unflavored vodka, but lime or coconut vodka would be amazing. Pick your favorite or try something new.
- Simple Syrup: The simple syrup is adjustable. Use more or less depending on sweet you want the cocktail.
- Optional Garnish: Many key lime martinis have a graham cracker crumb rim. It’s super cute and a great option. I opted not to do that this time around, but if you wanted to add the garnish it’s really easy. Crush up some graham cracker crumbs or purchase a box of graham cracker crumbs. Dip the rims of the simple syrup or run a lime wedge around the rims. Dip the glasses into the graham cracker crumbs and chill the glasses while you prepare the cocktails. A lime slice and a bit of whipped cream are also a nice touch.
What can you use instead of heavy cream in a key lime martini?
Swap out the heavy cream with RumChata to make an amazing RumChata Key Lime Martini!
Can you make this cocktail non-alcoholic?
The best way to make this cocktail non-alcoholic is to use lime flavored soda or lime or coconut flavored seltzer water in place of the vodka and rum. Think of something like La Croix, Clear American, or Sparkling Ice Brand. I would shy away from lemon-lime soda, like 7-Up or Sprite.
Room Temperature: This drink should be served immediately after preparing. Storing at room temperature is not recommended.
Refrigerator: This cocktail can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. However, don’t add the heavy cream until you’re ready to serve the drink.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this drink.
- Place ice, vodka, coconut rum, heavy cream, simple syrup, and key lime juice into a drink shaker.
- Swirl gently to combine the ingredients.
- Serve in a chilled glass.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (4 ounce) drink. Actual calories will vary.
*A double drink was made for the photos.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.