Our Key Lime Martini is full of tropical flavors and only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. It's the perfect blend of coconut and key lime with a touch of heavy cream.
This key lime martini is everything you want in a cocktail. It's full of tropical flavors, smooth, and perfectly balanced. Some of our other favorite cocktails are this classic mojito, frozen daiquiri, a strawberry mojito, a painkiller drink, and raspberry martini.
Key Lime Pie Martini
Creamy, fruit flavored cocktails are some of my absolute favorite things. I love to taste test them and pair them with fresh dishes. When we lived in Florida, John created this key lime martini. His version didn't have heavy cream. I added that later to give it a little different feel.
Now that we aren't living near a coast, this is one of my favorite cocktails. It's packed full of all the tropical flavors we love, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. This cocktail uses common ingredients, even the key lime juice is sold in some supermarkets.
How to Make a Key Lime Martini:
- Place the ice in a drink shaker.
- Pour in vodka, coconut rum, heavy cream, simple syrup, and key lime juice.
- Add the lid and swirl gently to combine.
- Serve in a chilled glass.
Key Lime Martini Tips and Variations:
- We use bottled key lime juice for this martini. If you want to swap that out with lime juice, it will work. You'll be making a lime martini as opposed to a key lime martini. It does taste slightly different.
- I've made this cocktail with and without the heavy cream. There are a couple things to note when using heavy cream. Adding too much key lime juice can cause the cream to curdle, so be cautious of adding extra. When mixing the martini, swirl gently, DON'T SHAKE! Shaking will cause the heavy cream to stick to the ice and separate.
- We use coconut rum for this recipe, but if you'd prefer a white or silver rum that will work great.
- We use unflavored vodka, but lime, coconut, or whipped cream flavored vodka would be amazing. Pick your favorite or try something new.
- The simple syrup is adjustable. Use more or less depending on sweet you want the cocktail.
- Many key lime martinis have a graham cracker crumb rim. It's super cute and a great option. I opted not to do that this time around, but if you wanted to add the garnish it's really easy. Crush up some graham cracker crumbs or purchase a box of graham cracker crumbs. Dip the rims of the simple syrup or run a lime wedge around the rims. Dip the glasses into the graham cracker crumbs and chill the glasses while you prepare the cocktails. A lime slice and a bit of whipped cream are also a nice touch.
Swap out the heavy cream with RumChata to make an amazing RumChata Key Lime Martini!
Room Temperature: A key lime martini should be served immediately after preparing. Storing at room temperature is not recommended.
Refrigerator: This cocktail can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. However, don't add the heavy cream until you're ready to serve the drink.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this drink.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- Place ice, vodka, coconut rum, heavy cream, simple syrup, and key lime juice into a drink shaker.½ cup ice1 ounce vodka1 ounce coconut rum1 ounce heavy cream1 ounce simple syrup2 teaspoons key lime juice
- Swirl gently to combine the ingredients.
- Serve in a chilled glass.