Fall is on it’s way and what better way to get into the seasonal spirit than a decadent Apple Cider Martini? It’s made with crisp apple cider, sweet, smooth caramel vodka, and oh-so sweet butterscotch schnapps. This festive drink will have you feeling warm, cozy, and ready to kiss summer goodbye!
Apple Cider Martini
This easy to make Apple Cider Martini is perfect for your next party! Whether that’s a harvest festival, a Halloween costume party, or just an excuse to get the gang together and watch a few scary movies. Make a pitcher for party goers and simply indulge in one yourself or with a loved one by the fire.
The secret to this indulgent cocktail is the use of caramel vodka over regular, run of the mill vodka. The caramel flavor adds a sweet richness to the drink and compliments the tart apple cider and the sticky sweet butterscotch. All you need is a few key ingredients, a garnish or two, your favorite martini glass, and a cocktail shaker. This martini is shaken, not stirred, so let’s shake it up – shall we?
- Ice: To chill the ingredients in the shaker.
- Apple Cider: Preferably chilled. The tart yet sweet flavor of the apple cider really provides an incredible base to this drink.
- Caramel Vodka: There are several brands to choose from, especially during the fall months, so just choose your favorite.
- Butterscotch Schnapps: We love the added layer of sweet flavor this gives the cocktail.
How To Make an Apple Cider Martini
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker. Then add in the apple cider, caramel vodka, and butterscotch schnapps.
- Shake thoroughly to combine. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slice if desired.
- Serve, sip, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Depending on the brand of caramel vodka you’ve chosen, this cocktail can come off a bit strong. Reduce the amount of vodka used if you prefer a slightly milder libation.
- As always with alcohol, the cheaper the alcohol the cheaper the flavor. Don’t break the bank but choose the best in your budget for the best flavor.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick or a dash of cinnamon (cloves, all spice, or apple/pumpkin pie spices would be delicious as well) and an apple slice for the ultimate experience.
- Go a step further and rim your glass with sugar to really impress your guests.
- While this recipe is for a single cocktail, you can easily increase the ingredients (in equal measures) to make a larger batch or make an entire pitcher. For the pitcher, chill all ingredients prior then combine in the pitcher. Stir thoroughly to combine flavors (don’t worry, we won’t tell Bond).
Room Temperature: It is best to serve the apple cider martini right away. Storing at room temperature is not recommended.
Refrigerator: This cocktail recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Be sure to shake or stir ingredients again before serving so the apple cider does not begin to separate. Do not garnish until ready to serve.
Freezer: We recommend saving the freezing for a nice frozen daiquiri. We don’t advise freezing this martini.
- Handful of ice
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces caramel vodka (*See Note)
- 1 ½ ounces butterscotch schnapps
- Place ice in a drink shaker. Add the apple cider, caramel vodka, and butterscotch schnapps.
- Shake to combine. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slice if desired.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 drink. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*This cocktail can be a bit strong depending on the brand of caramel vodka used. Reduce the amount of vodka to 1 ounce if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.