Our Pumpkin Martini is the quintessential fall cocktail complete with vodka, pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur, and pumpkin purée. Perfectly sippable with hints of pumpkin pie spice will have you wishing it was fall year round.
Keep the pumpkin theme going and enjoy this fall martini with a slice of freshly baked Pumpkin Bread, as an after dinner treat with a piece of Homemade Pumpkin Pie, or make it brunch with a stack of Pumpkin Pancakes.
A pumpkin martini, or pumpkin pie martini as it’s commonly known, makes an amazing anytime adult beverage. It has all the flavors of fall served in your favorite chilled glass.
Sip on one after a nice dinner or at an afternoon get together with friends. However you enjoy it, you’ll want to make this pumpkin spice martini for years to come!
How to Make a Pumpkin Martini:
- Place a few pieces of ice, whipped cream vodka, pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur, half and half, pumpkin purée, and pumpkin pie spice into a cocktail shaker or jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake the ingredients gently to combine.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass, and serve immediately.
Tips and Variations:
- Omit the pumpkin purée if desired. It’s used mostly for color and a hint of pumpkin flavor. The majority of the pumpkin spice flavor comes from the pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin spice liqueur.
- Our pumpkin cocktail isn’t overly sweet. To make this cocktail sweeter, reduce the vodka by 1/2 to 1 ounce and/or increase the Irish cream liqueur.
- Frangelico makes a great addition to this drink. Swap 1 ounce of vodka with 1 ounce of Frangelico for a different flavor combination. (It’s one of our favorite cocktails with Frangelico.)
- When mixing the martini, don’t shake too vigorously. The fat from the half and half and Irish cream binds to the ice causing it to separate. Shake gently or swirl the ingredients to prevent separation.
- Add a graham cracker or decorative sugar rim. Dip the rim in maple syrup then into the graham cracker crumbs or decorating sugar before chilling the glass.
Refrigerator: Enjoy this pumpkin martini immediately, since it does not store well. However, it will hold for a couple of hours in the fridge if needed. Remove any ice and reshake the cocktail before serving.
- Handful of ice
- 2 ounces whipped cream vodka
- 1 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur
- ½ ounce half and half
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree canned
- Pinch pumpkin pie spice
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.2 ounces whipped cream vodka1 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur½ ounce half and half1 tablespoon pumpkin pureePinch pumpkin pie spiceHandful of ice
- Swirl gently to combine. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Serve immediately. See post for tips, variations, and storage options.