Our Pumpkin Martini is the perfect fall cocktail made with whipped cream vodka, pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur, and pumpkin purée. Enjoy hints of pumpkin pie spice as you sip on this decadent martini recipe that's sure to be a hit at Thanksgiving dinners. It tastes like a piece of pumpkin pie in a glass!
Keep the pumpkin theme going and enjoy this fall martini with a slice of freshly baked Pumpkin Bread, as an after dinner treat with a piece of Homemade Pumpkin Pie, or make it brunch with a stack of Pumpkin Pancakes.
Pumpkin Spice Martini Recipe
Our pumpkin martini recipe, or pumpkin pie martini as we sometimes call it, makes a delicious cocktail any time of year. It has all the flavors of fall served in your favorite chilled glass.
Serve this pumpkin cocktail during pumpkin season or as a dessert cocktail after Thanksgiving Day dinner.
- Shake gently. When mixing the cocktail, shake the drink gently. If you shake too vigorously, the half and half and Irish cream liqueur may stick to the ice and separate.
- Serve chilled: Make sure to serve your pumpkin martini chilled. You can either shake it with ice and strain it into a glass or pour it over ice cubes.
- Rim the glass: For an added touch, rim the glass with cinnamon sugar, brown sugar, or graham cracker crumbs. Wet the rim with a little water or maple syrup, then dip it into the sugar or crushed graham crackers.
- Sweeten it up: Consider adding a sweetener like simple syrup, maple syrup, or a flavored drink syrup such as vanilla or caramel.
- Spice it up: Enhance the pumpkin flavor with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. You can either add these spices directly to the pumpkin puree or use pre-made pumpkin spice syrup.
- Garnish creatively: Consider garnishing your pumpkin martini with a cinnamon stick, a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, or a dollop of whipped cream. Get creative and experiment with seasonal decorations like a small pumpkin-shaped marshmallow or a caramel sauce drizzle.
- Experiment with variations: Customize the pumpkin martinis to suit your preferences. Add a splash of cream for a creamier texture, try them with some RumChata, incorporate a flavored vodka like vanilla or caramel, or try different combinations of spices and liqueurs.
Refrigerator: Enjoy this pumpkin martini immediately, since it does not store well. However, it will hold for a couple of hours in the fridge if needed.
Remove any ice and reshake the cocktail before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make pumpkin martinis in advance?
While it's best to enjoy a freshly made pumpkin martini, you can prepare the components in advance. Mix the pumpkin puree, spices, and sweeteners ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, combine the mixture with vodka and shake with ice.
What kind of vodka should you use?
We recommend to use a high-quality vodka for your pumpkin martini. This allows the flavors of the pumpkin and spices to shine.
Try flavored vodkas like whipped cream, vanilla, or caramel for added complexity, or use plain vodka if that's what you have on hand.
Are pumpkin pie martinis strong?
Pumpkin pie martinis can vary in strength depending on the amount of alcohol used and personal preferences. They typically contain vodka, which contributes to their potency.
It's important to consume them responsibly and in moderation.
What spices can I use in a pumpkin spice martini?
Common spices used in pumpkin martinis include cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
Experiment with different combinations and adjust the quantities to suit your taste preferences.
How many calories in a pumpkin martini?
The calories in a pumpkin martini vary greatly depending on the ingredients used. Our pumpkin martini recipe has 280 calories for each 5 ½ ounce serving.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- Handful of ice
- 2 ounces whipped cream vodka
- 1 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur
- ½ ounce half and half
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin purée
- Pinch pumpkin pie spice
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.2 ounces whipped cream vodka1 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream liqueur½ ounce half and half1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puréePinch pumpkin pie spiceHandful of ice
- Swirl gently to combine. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Serve immediately. See post for tips, variations, and storage options.