*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our pumpkin bread recipe is moist and dense with warm notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Pair with a cup of your favorite coffee for an autumn treat.
Fall is the one of the best times of year, in my opinion. And with Fall, comes pumpkin recipes! One of our favorites is this moist pumpkin bread!
This pumpkin bread recipe comes from one of my grandmother’s old cookbooks. The recipe is one of the easiest pumpkin bread recipes I’ve ever made.
It all comes together in one bowl and creates two, soft loaves of bread. The bread smells amazing as it cooks and has all the flavor you’d expect out of homemade pumpkin bread.
Equipment Needed to Make Pumpkin Bread:
This is some of the basic equipment that you might find helpful when making this recipe. I didn’t list the most basic things like measuring cups, spoons, etc.
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Bread:
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Puree
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
How to Make Pumpkin Bread:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray two loaf pans with cooking spray or grease with butter and coat lightly with flour.
- Next, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, pumpkin, oil, water, and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix everything on low speed until combined and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Carefully pour half of the batter into each prepared loaf pan.
- Then, place the pans into the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. After 30 minutes, loosely cover the pans with a foil “tent” to ensure even browning.
- Last, remove the pans from the oven and allow the bread to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring the loaves to a wire rack. It’s best for the pumpkin bread to cool completely before attempting to slice. Store the bread in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe Tips and Variations:
- To keep the bread extra moist, wrap each loaf in plastic wrap or store the loaf in a airtight Ziploc freezer bag.
- Please make sure all the dry ingredients are broken down and combined with the wet ingredients. Nothing is worse than getting a mouthful of cooked baking soda!
- In order to keep the top of the bread from over cooking, make an aluminum foil tent and place it over each loaf for the last 30-minutes of bake time.
- Pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries make great add-in options for this pumpkin bread recipe!
Want more Pumpkin Recipes?
These are some of our go-to pumpkin recipes each Fall!
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Roll
*Recipe adapted from the Pumpkin Bread recipe in the cookbook The Good Taste of Hope.
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed until combine.
- Pour half the batter into each pan.
- Place pans in the preheated oven and bake for 55-65 minutes. After 30 minutes, loosely place a piece of foil over each pan to ensure even browning.
- Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven and allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Allow bread to finish cooling before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.