A sweet butterscotch coffee made with a flavorful dark roast, velvety butterscotch sauce, and rich heavy cream!
Tis the season for comforting, sweet coffee drinks. Personally, I love a cup of fresh brewed butterscotch coffee.
There’s only one problem with most of the recipes I’ve found. They use butterscotch Schnapps.
Unless I’m on vacation, I try to avoid booze first thing in the morning. So, we decided to share a non-alcoholic version.
Our drink has all the flavor of a regular version without the bite of booze.
To create the drink, Kim used her homemade butterscotch sauce and a high-quality dark roast coffee.
With only 3 ingredients and 2 steps, it a super easy recipe to make. So, shall we get started?
How to make butterscotch coffee without alcohol?
First, start by brewing 12-ounces (1.5 cups) of coffee. Feel free to use a flavored variety if you want.
Check out the tips section for suggestions. Once the coffee is ready, grab 2 mugs.
Next, add 2-ounces of butterscotch syrup (or sauce) into each mug. After that, pour in 1-ounce of heavy cream.
I recommend using heavy cream if you choose a dark coffee.
Milk and half and half will work just fine light roast or coffee house blends.
Last, pour in 6-ounces of the fresh brewed coffee. Use a spoon to stir everything together.
The garnishes in photos are optional. Kim and I love the extra toppings, but they’re not a necessity.
That’s it, your non-alcoholic butterscotch coffee recipe is done. We hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best.
- Dark roasted coffee beans might be a little too heavy in flavor for you. If that’s the case, then consider using a French vanilla or caramel flavored coffee instead. Toasted pecan and hazelnut coffee are great options as well.
- A lot people tend to shy away from dairy based creamers. Full-fat coconut milk makes a great substitution for heavy cream. Almond milk won’t be heavy enough to cut through the other flavors.
- Now, if you want to add butterscotch Schnapp’s to the recipe, then go for it. With that being said, I only recommend adding about 1.5 ounces (or 1 shot) per drink.
- 12 Ounces Freshly Brewed Coffee or Espresso
- 4 Ounces Butterscotch Sauce or Syrup
- 2 Ounce Milk, Heavy Cream, or Half and Half
Divide the coffee, butterscotch sauce, and milk evenly between the two mugs or heat-safe glasses. Stir to combine.
Top with whipped cream and extra butterscotch sauce. Serve hot!
Optional Garnishes: Whipped Cream, Drizzle of Butterscotch Sauce, Sprinkle of Demerara Sugar
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of one 9-ounce butterscotch coffee. Furthermore, it does NOT include the whipped cream and butterscotch syrup garnishes shown in the photos. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 9 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.