A sweet butterscotch coffee made with a flavorful dark roast, velvety butterscotch sauce, and rich heavy cream!
Tis the season for comforting, sweet coffee drinks. Personally, I love a cup of fresh brewed butterscotch coffee. There’s only one problem with most of the recipes I’ve found. They use butterscotch Schnapps. Unless I’m on vacation, I try to avoid booze first thing in the morning. So, we decided to share a non-alcoholic version.
Our drink has all the flavor of a regular version without the bite of booze. To create the drink, Kim used her homemade butterscotch sauce and a high-quality dark roast coffee. With only 3 ingredients and 2 steps, it a super easy recipe to make. So, shall we get started?
How to make butterscotch coffee without alcohol:
First, start by brewing 12-ounces (1.5 cups) of coffee. Feel free to use a flavored variety if you want.
Check out the tips section for suggestions. Once the coffee is ready, grab 2 mugs.
Next, add 2-ounces of butterscotch syrup (or sauce) into each mug. After that, pour in 1-ounce of heavy cream.
I recommend using heavy cream if you choose a dark coffee. Milk and half and half will work just fine light roast or coffee house blends.
Last, pour in 6-ounces of the fresh brewed coffee. Use a spoon to stir everything together.
The garnishes in photos are optional. Kim and I love the extra toppings, but they’re not a necessity. That’s it, your non-alcoholic butterscotch coffee recipe is done. We hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best.
- Dark roasted coffee beans might be a little too heavy in flavor for you. If that’s the case, then consider using a French vanilla or caramel flavored coffee instead. Toasted pecan and hazelnut coffee are great options as well.
- A lot people tend to shy away from dairy based creamers. Full-fat coconut milk makes a great substitution for heavy cream. Almond milk won’t be heavy enough to cut through the other flavors.
- Now, if you want to add butterscotch Schnapps to the recipe, then go for it. With that being said, I only recommend adding about 1.5 ounces (or 1 shot) per drink.
- 12 Ounces Freshly Brewed Coffee or Espresso
- 4 Ounces Butterscotch Sauce or Syrup
- 2 Ounce Milk, Heavy Cream, or Half and Half
- Divide the coffee, butterscotch sauce, and milk evenly between the two mugs or heat-safe glasses. Stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and extra butterscotch sauce. Serve hot!
- Optional Garnishes: Whipped Cream, Drizzle of Butterscotch Sauce, Sprinkle of Demerara Sugar
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of one 9-ounce butterscotch coffee. Furthermore, it does NOT include the whipped cream and butterscotch syrup garnishes shown in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 9 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.