Our Bailey's Coffee recipe combines freshly brewed coffee with rich Baileys Irish Cream liqueur, creating a decadent after-dinner cocktail. This three-ingredient recipe makes it easy to make at home, giving you that restaurant feel any time of day or night! Enjoy this cozy drink for a smooth relaxing evening.
Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee
Coffee drinks and cocktails are two of my favorite things. It's even better when they're combined into one deliciously crafted drink.
Don't forget the whipped cream for a decadent dessert-like cocktail that any coffee lover will enjoy.
Tips and Variations
- Adjust the amount of any of the ingredients to meet your tastes. We think 6 ounces of coffee, 3 ounces of Bailey's, and about 1 ounce of milk is the perfect ratio, but you may like it adjusted slightly.
- Use freshly brewed coffee, not coffee that's been sitting for an hour or two...or worse, several hours. Fresh, hot coffee makes all the difference for this coffee cocktail.
- Choose unflavored coffee and Original Bailey's Irish Cream. Flavored coffee may not taste appetizing with Bailey's.
- Use unflavored, sweetened coffee creamer to add a touch of sweetness.
We don't recommend storing this drink. It's best enjoyed immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a non-alcoholic Bailey's option?
Yes, there are non-alcoholic versions of Bailey's available in some countries. These versions contain no alcohol and can be used as a substitute for the original version.
If you're unable to find non-alcoholic Bailey's, try to find Bailey's coffee creamer. That way, you'll still be able to enjoy Irish cream flavor with coffee.
Does Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur contain alcohol?
Yes, Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur contains alcohol. It's made with whiskey and cream and has an ABV (alcohol by volume) of 17%. The original version contains 13% alcohol.
What other liqueurs can you add to this drink?
Try adding amaretto, Frangelico, Kahlua, strong rum, whiskey, or Tia Maria. You can also experiment with flavored liqueurs like hazelnut or caramel.
Be sure to adjust the amount of liqueur used according to your own taste preferences.
Can you make this cocktail into an iced coffee drink?
Yes, for sure! Bailey's coffee tastes amazing served as iced coffee. You can make an iced version of the classic by swapping out the hot coffee with a cold brew or freshly-brewed iced coffee.
Alternatively, blend it up with ice for a creamy frappé style drink. Whichever way you choose to enjoy this classic homemade cocktail, it will be delicious!
Is Bailey's Coffee the Same as Irish Coffee?
Bailey's Coffee and Irish Coffee are two different alcohol based coffee drinks.
Irish Coffee is a classic spiked coffee drink that combines strong brewed coffee and Irish whiskey, while Baileys Coffee combines hot coffee with rich, sweet Bailey's Irish Cream.
Both drinks are delicious in their own right and make for a great after-dinner or cocktail party drink!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 6 ounces freshly brewed strong coffee
- 3 ounces Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur, or more to taste
- ½ to 1 ounce milk, or half and half
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Nutmeg, for garnish
- Pour all the ingredients into a coffee cup, and stir to combine.6 ounces freshly brewed strong coffee3 ounces Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur½ to 1 ounce milk
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Scroll up and see the post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.