Iced Coffee with Kahlua and Bailey’s is the perfect pick-me-up. It’s smooth, creamy, and slightly sweet with Irish cream and coffee flavors.
Iced Coffee with Kahlua and Bailey’s is a cold, boozy, adult indulgence that gives an ordinary cup of coffee a little something special. It’s great to have mid-afternoon or as an after-dinner drink. Of course, you can always switch out the regular coffee for decaf if you prefer.
Are you a coffee lover? I have to be honest. I couldn’t stand the taste of coffee until 2009 when we moved to Miami and John talked me into trying something from Starbucks. Let me tell you, after one drink of that White Chocolate Mocha, I was hooked.
Ever since we’ve been trying different brands of coffees and playing around with various recipes. It’s pretty amazing what you can make with a touch of flavored syrup and some whipped cream.
This recipe was born of my love of Irish Cream coffee but out of necessity to have a cold drink for the hot summer months. I like to think of it as the cousin to one of my favorite winter drinks, Coffee with Kahlua.
All you need for this recipe is a blender, coffee pot, and a couple of coffee mugs. In just a few minutes you’ll have a tasty drink that’s perfectly sippable and will make an iced coffee lover out of anyone.
One of the best things about this drink is how easy it is to modify. If you aren’t a fan of Kahlua, simply leave it out. Do you like a certain flavor of non-dairy creamer? Add your favorite kind! Iced Coffee with Kahlua and Bailey’s can be made using soy or nut milk or omitting one of the alcohols. It’s simple to mix things up, so make it your own.
Looking for other boozy drinks? You may like one of these!
Iced Coffee with Kahlua and Bailey's
- 6 ounces freshly brewed coffee
- 2 ounces heavy cream or half and half
- 2 ounces Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Brew coffee and set aside.
- Place cream or half and half, Baileys, and Kahlua with ice in a shaker and swirl gently.
- Place additional ice in a large glass.
- Pour the mixture into the large glass.
- Add the coffee to the glass and stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or caramel sauce if desired.