This Frozen Mudslide recipe is the ultimate in boozy dessert drinks. Blended vanilla ice cream, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, Kahlua, and vodka take this classic cocktail to the next level.
Have you ever gone to a restaurant and seen those fancy looking frozen cocktails on the drink menu? A frozen mudslide almost always makes an appearance, and it’s so tempting to grab one after a meal out.
These cocktails are tasty, but they usually come with a high price tag. We prefer to save a little money and make the same drinks at home.
We tend to keep the basic ingredients on hand for some of our other cocktails like Iced Coffee with Bailey’s and Kahlua and Frangelico Coffee. We even have a homemade Irish cream recipe in the even that we run out of the store bought version.
It’s easy to whip one of these cocktails up in a couple of minutes if you have the ingredients handy. Plus, it saves you a few dollars on the restaurant tab.
How to make a Frozen Mudslide:
- Start by drizzling a tall glass with chocolate syrup. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy.
- Just some circular or straight drizzles will work. We have a couple plastic condiment squeeze bottles, so I usually transfer the chocolate syrup to those.
- They have a finer tip, and that makes it easily to control instead of getting globs of syrup from the syrup bottle.
- Next, add the ingredients to a blender. Make sure to use a blender than can handle crushing ice.
- Add the Kahlua, Bailey’s, vodka, ice, and vanilla ice cream. Blend until smooth and creamy ensuring no large ice chunks remain.
- Pour the frozen mudslide into the chocolate drizzled glass. If desired top with whipped cream and extra chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately! You’ll want to enjoy this drink quickly, since it contains mostly ice cream and ice. Don’t drink it too fast, though. 🙂
- If you’d rather make a mudslide without ice cream, check out this mudslide cocktail served over ice.
Tips and Variations:
- The chocolate syrup is an optional garnish, but it adds a nice touch. Omit if you don’t have it handy.
- The same goes for the whipped cream. It’s an optional garnish, so it’s ok if you want to leave it off. A fun twist would be to add a dollop of Irish Cream Whipped cream instead of regular whipped cream.
- Use an extra handful of ice to make this frozen cocktail super thick.
What is a mudslide drink made of?
A regular mudslide cocktail is made with Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, Kahlua, vodka, and ice.
What’s the difference between a White Russian and a mudslide?
Can you adjust the amount of alcohol in a mudslide?
If you omit all of the alcohol, you’re essentially just blending ice cream and ice then adding some chocolate syrup. That’s very similar to a milkshake. We’d recommend not omitting all of the alcohol.
Can you make a mudslide without ice cream?
Can you use chocolate ice cream in a frozen mudslide?
Can this recipe be doubled or halved?
Refrigerator: This drink will stay cold in the fridge for a few minutes, but it will still melt rather quickly. We recommend enjoying this drink immediately.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing this cocktail.
- 2 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream (about 6 scoops)
- 2 Cups Ice
- 2 Ounces Kahlua
- 2 Ounces Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 Ounces Vodka
- If desired, drizzle chocolate syrup in a glass. Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mudslide into two tall glasses.
- Optional: add whipped cream or chocolate syrup as a topping. Enjoy immediately!
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (12 ounce) drink without toppings or chocolate drizzle. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 56gProtein: 5g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.