With our homemade Irish cream recipe you can make homemade Bailey’s anytime you want! All you need is a few ingredients and a blender.
For today’s recipe, we’re sharing something simple. It’s Kim’s homemade Irish cream recipe.
Now, it should be noted that this doesn’t taste exactly like Bailey’s Irish cream.
However, it’s pretty close to other standard Irish cream(s) you may find at your liquor store.
While today’s offering is not going to appeal to everyone, some people will find it useful.
Making this version might be easier than driving to the liquor store. Another reason might be curiosity.
Perhaps you enjoy making your own drinks and are looking for a new creation to add to your repertoire.
Regardless of the justifications, you’ll have this handy recipe at your finger tips. So, shall we get started?
How to make homemade Irish cream?
First, grab a counter-top blender. Afterward, pour in the sweetened condensed milk, whiskey, chocolate syrup, instant coffee, and vanilla extract.
Next, pulse the mixture until the ingredients are fully combined. Now, it’s time for the hardest part of the recipe.
I say hardest jokingly. It’s actually quite easy. Go ahead and pour in the heavy cream.
Last, use the lowest setting on your blender to combine the heavy cream with the rest of the ingredients.
That’s it, your homemade Irish cream recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- Be careful when blending the heavy cream into the other ingredients. If you over blend it, then you’ll end up with thick whipped cream.
- We recommend storing homemade Irish cream in a glass container(s) with a lid(s). Mason jars are a great way to store liquids in your fridge.
- Feel free to make adjustments to the ingredients to fit your own tastes.
- If the drink sits on ice for too long, it could start to separate.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 ½ Cups Whiskey (We used Jameson brand.)
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
- 3 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- In a blender, combine the whiskey, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup, instant coffee, and vanilla. Blend until well combined.
- Add the heavy cream, and blend on the lowest setting for 10 to 15 seconds. Serve over ice or in coffee.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 Ounce of the homemade Irish cream. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.