Make Homemade Baileys Irish Cream with this easy and delicious recipe. Combine Jameson whiskey, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, instant espresso, chocolate syrup, and vanilla for a rich and creamy homemade liqueur in just 5 minutes!
It only takes a few simple ingredients and a blender to make our homemade version of the popular Baileys Irish cream liqueur.
Enjoy it on the rocks or added as an ingredient in baked goods, desserts, coffee drinks, and more.
With less than one minute of blending time, you can have a batch ready to go for any occasion!
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Irish Whiskey: We used Jameson, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Heavy Cream: This is essential to ensure the Irish cream has a thick, creamy texture. Half and half works well as a substitute. Avoid using milk because it makes the liqueur too thin.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Adds sweetness and thickness to the liqueur. Make sure you don't use evaporated milk which isn't sweetened.
- Chocolate Syrup: We used Hershey's brand syrup like you'd use to make chocolate milk, but any brand works. This adds a hint of chocolate flavor to the liqueur. A half teaspoon of cocoa powder makes a good substitute.
- Instant Coffee: I keep instant espresso in the pantry, so that's what we used for this recipe. Instant coffee works, too. Make sure the granules are small and dissolve easily.
- Vanilla extract: We use pure vanilla extract but imitation vanilla works in a pinch.
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream:
This recipe is so easy to make. It's as simple as pouring, blending, and done!
Scroll to the recipe card below for ingredient amounts and full instructions.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process on low speed for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into a sealable container for storage until you'll ready to use.
Tips for Success:
- Try to use high-quality ingredients for the best flavor and most authentic taste.
- Be careful not to over-blend the ingredients; otherwise, you'll whip the cream. You do want to blend the ingredients long enough to combine them until smooth and creamy.
- Add some spice like a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon for a different flavor.
- This Irish cream liqueur makes a great gift! Make sure to seal the bottle well and keep it chilled before and after gifting.
- Use different flavor extracts in place of vanilla extract for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Feel free to make adjustments to the ingredients to fit your tastes.
- If the drink sits on ice for too long, it could start to separate.
Refrigerator: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
How Long Does Homemade Irish Cream Last?
The liqueur stays fresh until the heavy cream expires. It begins to smell and taste sour when it goes bad.
How to Use This Irish Cream Recipe:
- Enjoy it on the rocks (over ice).
- Use it in your favorite coffee drinks like Baileys and Coffee or Iced Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua.
- Try it in the Baileys Frosting in our Guinness Brownies recipe.
- Add it to your favorite muffins, cookies, or cake.
- Use Homemade Baileys Irish cream in a batch of Baileys Fudge.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 ⅔ cups whiskey, We used Jameson brand.
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 can
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, or instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process on low speed for 20 to 30 seconds.1 ⅔ cups whiskey1 ¼ cups heavy cream14 ounces sweetened condensed milk3 tablespoons chocolate syrup1 teaspoon instant coffee granules1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour into a sealable container for storage.
- Scroll up and see the post for tips, FAQs, and storage information.