A simple Irish cream fudge made with everyone’s favorite liqueur. All you need are four ingredients to make a smooth chocolate fudge with hints of Bailey’s Irish Cream.
Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur is one of my favorite drinks. It’s so versatile.
You can put it into cocktails, martinis, and coffees. In fact, we have quite a few recipes that feature this tasty liqueur.
Using only a few ingredients, you can create a chocolate fudge that’s sure to please. Shall we get started?
How to make Irish cream fudge?
First, start by lining an eight by eight (8×8) inch casserole dish with parchment paper. You can use a nine by nine (9×9) inch if needed.
One good way to make sure the paper stays in place, when the fudge is added, is to butter the pan first. Once it’s lined, set the dish aside.
Next, grab a large saucepan and place it over low heat. To the pan, add the chocolate chips, Irish cream liqueur, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
Stir everything to combine. It should only take about five (5) minutes for the chocolate to melt.
But, you’ll want to keep stirring the whole time to keep the chips from sticking and burning.
Then, once the ingredients have mixed, pour the hot fudge into the prepared casserole dish.
Take a look at the photo above, your Irish cream fudge should look like ours.
Now, use a rubber spatula to transfer the fudge and smooth it out. The next step is the hardest one of the recipe
Afterward, place the Baileys fudge into your fridge to set for up to four (4) hours.
Last, once it’s set, cut the candy into thirty-six (36) individual pieces for serving. It can be stored in a sealed container on your counter (or in your fridge) for up to five (5) days.
That’s it, your Bailey’s Irish cream fudge recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the dessert and wish you all the best this holiday season 🙂
- 24 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, (four ((4)) cups by volume)
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk, (one ((1)) can)
- 2/3 Cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8 x 8 - inch or 9 x 9 - inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan, and heat over low heat. Stir constantly making sure to reach the bottom of the pan to ensure no chocolate chips stick and burn.
- Continue stirring for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the chocolate chips melt completely and all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and use a silicone spatula to smooth into an even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into squares, and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1) piece of Baileys fudge. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g