Caramel Iced Coffee is the perfect blend of sweet caramel and iced coffee. It tastes so much better than the coffee shop version, and only takes a couple of minutes to prepare!
Caramel Iced Coffee is quickly becoming one of my favorite go-to drinks this Summer. It only has 3 ingredients (4 if you count the ice), and it’s so quick and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to enjoy a cold coffee drink.
I’m not too picky when it comes to coffee drinks. I’ll take coffee just about any way I can get it. Some of my other favorite coffee drinks are this Iced Coffee with Bailey’s and Kahlua, Hot White Chocolate Mocha, Espresso Martini, and Easy Frangelico Coffee.
Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe:
This caramel iced coffee recipe started out as a turtle coffee drink and had lots of extra ingredients and flavors like chocolate, caramel, and pecan. It was really good, but over time I decided I liked it better as a 3 ingredient, easy caramel coffee that I could whip up in less time that it takes to brew a pot.
I do have some specific ingredients that I’ll mention below, but this recipe is very versatile. You can switch things up and make it to your tastes. The coffee is smooth, buttery, velvety, and perfect for a midday drink or late morning treat. You’ll never go back to the coffee shop version again!
How to Make Caramel Iced Coffee:
- Pour the coffee over ice, then add caramel syrup and coffee creamer.
- Stir to combine.
Tips and Variations:
- Coffee: To make this recipe super simple, I use refrigerated iced coffee. Normally, I’ll grab an unsweetened blonde or light roast. If you’d prefer to use a cold brew or to brew your own coffee and let it chill, either of those will work. I do recommend a light roast instead of medium, dark, or espresso. Light roast pairs best with the caramel flavor without being too strong.
- Caramel: I’ve tried caramel syrup (listed in the recipe card and linked above in maroon) and caramel sauce similar to what you’d use on an ice cream sundae. My preference is the caramel syrup. It’s lighter, thinner, and mixes well with the other ingredients. There’s even a sugar-free caramel syrup and salted caramel syrup, and both taste great! The caramel sauce is ok, but I’ve found that the flavor and consistency is too heavy. It tends to sink to the bottom of the glass and clog up straws.
- Coffee Creamer: I’ve tried this caramel iced coffee with heavy cream, milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and coffee creamer. The coffee creamer was my favorite, hands down. It provided the best taste, texture, and sweetness. Both vanilla and caramel varieties taste great; choose your favorite. Milk and milk alternatives tend to water down this drink, so I avoid using those. Heavy cream is a little too much.
- Coffee Cubes: Instead of using ice cubes, try freezing some of the coffee ahead of time. You’ll have coffee cubes to put into the caramel iced coffee instead of ice cubes, and the drink won’t get watered down when the ice melts.
Room Temperature: This drink should be enjoyed immediately after preparation, and should not be left at room temperature for long periods of time.
Refrigerator: Caramel Iced Coffee can be made about 30 minutes to an hour ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. However, it’s best to omit the ice cubes until you’re ready to serve the coffee.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing this drink.
- 8 Ounces Iced Coffee or Cold Brew
- 2 Ounces Coffee Creamer, caramel or vanilla flavored
- 1 Ounce Caramel Syrup
- Pour the coffee over ice, then add the creamer and caramel syrup.
- Stir to combine. Top off with additional iced coffee if desired.
- Serve immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (10-12 ounce) drink. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:10 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.