Peppermint Mocha – Skip the lines at your coffee shop and create your own peppermint mocha at home. You only need six ingredients to make this tasty breakfast treat!
There’s no denying it’s coffee season. Well, technically it’s coffee season year round, but you know what I’m mean. The holidays inspire lots of companies to create festive beverages for everyone to enjoy. For example, last Winter we shared a hazelnut coffee.
So, in keeping with that trend, Kim and I are sharing our peppermint mocha recipe. As the name implies, coffee infused with peppermint and vanilla, and sweetened with milk and sugar. Let’s get started!
Next, grab a medium saucepan and place it over low-medium heat. Combine the milk, cocoa powder, and sugar in the pan.
Use your whisk to dissolve the sugar as it heats. Then, once it starts to steam, whisk in the coffee, peppermint syrup, and vanilla extract.
Last, remove the peppermint mocha coffee from the heat and carefully transfer it to mugs for serving.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Listed below are some optional garnishes or toppings and a few helpful tips.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the drink and wish you all the best 🙂
Optional Toppings for Coffee:
- Whipped Topping
- Crushed Peppermint
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chocolate Syrup
- Candy Cane
- Peppermint Stick
- The peppermint syrup is NOT peppermint extract. It’s similar to Monin or Torani brand syrup.
- Peppermint or mint extract(s) may be used in place of the peppermint syrup. Start with ⅛ teaspoon and add more from there if needed.
- Looking for another festive garnishment? Serve this coffee with chocolate dipped peppermint spoons or our peppermint truffles!
Peppermint MochaPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coffee or espresso
- [1 tablespoon peppermint syrup or to taste (do not substitute extract)]
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder over low-medium heat until it begins to steam and sugar has dissolved. Don’t let it begin to boil.
- Add the coffee, peppermint syrup, and vanilla. Whisk to combine, and remove from heat.
- Pour into coffee mugs, and add your favorite garnishes. Serve hot.