*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our chocolate dipped peppermint spoons are an adorable holiday treat that’s perfect for stirring hot cocoa or flavored coffees.
For today’s post, we’re sharing our peppermint spoons recipe. Peppermint candies, melted into the shape of a spoon.
Then, dipped in milk or white chocolate. Of course, you can make a combination of the two (2) chocolate varieties.
Top them off with decorative sprinkles for an extra kick of holiday flare. Similar to our peppermint bark, but in a spoon form.
So, shall we get started?
How to make peppermint spoons?
First, start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. and place the silicone spoon mold on a baking sheet.
Next, unwrap all the candies and place them into a food processor.
Afterward, pulverize the peppermint candy until it’s been finely crushed. Use the photo above as a reference.
Now, use a measuring spoon or a small spoon to transfer the crushed candies to the spoon mold.
After that, place the mold into the oven to cook for about ten (10) minutes or until the candy has melted.
At this point, you’ll need to let the peppermint spoons cool completely before removing them from the mold. Otherwise, they’ll break into pieces.
While they cool, begin melting your chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl.
Personally, I recommend using your microwave to melt the chocolate. However, you’ll need to stir the chocolate every fifteen (15) seconds to keep it from burning.
So, when the spoons have cooled, remove them from the mold and dip the ends into the melted chocolate. See the photo above.
Last, place the peppermint spoons on wax paper and top them with festive, holiday sprinkles.
Once cooled, they can be stored, on your counter (or in your fridge) in a sealed container.
That’s it, your chocolate dipped peppermint spoons are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the treat and wish you all the best 🙂
- How do you make candy cane spoons? You can substitute candy canes for the peppermint candies in our recipe. The approximate amount would be ten (10) to fifteen (15) candy canes for this recipe.
- Some chocolates have a hard time staying firm after cooling. If this happens to you, store the spoons in your fridge.
- Feel free to use any kind of chocolate you desire. For example, you might enjoy dark chocolate, so try it instead.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 40 Small Peppermint Candies, (hard, round)
- 1 Ounce Melting Chocolate, (or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 Cup Candy Sprinkles, (holiday variety)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, and place the silicone mold on a baking sheet.
- Place the unwrapped candies in a food processor and pulse until they are broken into a fine dust.
- Use a small spoon to fill the cavities of the silicone mold making sure to round each cavity with extra peppermint. The peppermint settles as it melts, so adding extra to the top will help to even it out.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until all the candy has melted. Remove from oven and allow the spoons to cool completely before removing from the mold. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl while stirring at 15 second intervals.
- Dip the wide ends of the spoons into the chocolate, and lay them on wax paper to cool. Immediately sprinkle with holiday sprinkles if desired.
- After the spoons cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Spoons without chocolate will last significantly longer.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1) chocolate dipped peppermint spoon with sprinkles. Additionally, the calorie count is based on using milk chocolate chips and does NOT include the calories in white chocolate. Actual calories will vary.
*Additional Notes: Place the spoons in the refrigerator to help the chocolate firm faster. If the chocolate melts easily, keep the spoons in the refrigerator to prevent further melting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Spoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g