A freshly brewed cinnamon coffee drink flavored with ground cinnamon, heavy cream, and brown sugar. It’s the perfect start to a Fall day!
One of our favorite beverages is coffee. Always has been and probably always will be.
For today, we’re sharing a wonderful coffee drink for Fall. It’s our simple cinnamon coffee.
Unlike other recipes that simply direct you to dump ground cinnamon into a coffee mug, we actual brew the coffee and cinnamon together.
It seems to create a smoother flavor with hints of cinnamon; instead of a mouthful of spicy coffee.
The recipe is easy to follow and creates a warm, comforting drink that will kickstart your day. Let’s get started!
How do you make cinnamon coffee?
Scroll to the recipe card below for ingredient amounts and the full instructions.
- Prep the coffee itself. Grab your coffee maker and filter.
- Pour 8-cups of water into the machine, and add 1-cup of ground coffee to a coffee filter.
- Add some ground cinnamon then start the brewing process.
- While the coffee brews, grab 4 coffee mugs.
- Pour some heavy cream (or dairy of your choice) into the mugs.
- Add some brown sugar then top off with the freshly brewed coffee. Stir and enjoy!
- If you want your drink to look and taste like ours, then consider adding some extra toppings; like our bourbon whipped cream.
- Use your favorite brand and variety of coffee.
- We love the taste of brown sugar in cinnamon coffee, but any sweetener works!
- Use your favorite dairy or non-dairy creamer.
How much cinnamon should I put in my coffee?
That depends on your taste buds. I recommend starting with an ⅛-teaspoon of ground cinnamon per 8-ounce serving.
Taste test the brewed coffee and increase the amount as needed.
Can I put cinnamon powder in my coffee?
I wouldn’t recommend it! Not unless you enjoy, “burning,” your mouth, taste buds, and nasal cavities. It doesn’t dissolve well and is potent when added directly to coffee.
How do I dissolve cinnamon in coffee?
The best method to avoid ground cinnamon in your coffee is to brew it with the ground coffee granules. That way, the spice is heated and then filtered just like the coffee.
Cinnamon CoffeePrint Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
Optional Add-Ins and Garnish:
- Heavy cream
- Half and Half
- Coffee Creamer
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Whipped topping
- Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Pour ground coffee and cinnamon into the paper liner of a coffee maker. Add 8 cups of water. The cinnamon will flavor the coffee as it brews.1 cup ground coffee1 teaspoon ground cinnamon8 cups water
- Divide the heavy cream and brown sugar evenly into 4 large coffee mugs. Add the hot coffee, and stir to combine. Top with bourbon whipped cream and ground cinnamon cinnamon.½ cup heavy cream4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Serve immediately.