Our bourbon whipped cream is a sweet, boozy whipped topping that’s perfect for Fall themed desserts. Best of all, it only uses 4 ingredients!
Kim and I have always been huge fans of homemade whipped creams and toppings. In fact, we have a few of them on the website. Like our maple whipped cream, featuring real maple syrup in the recipe. So, it should come as no surprise that today, we’re adding a bourbon whipped cream.
Now, it does contain alcohol. If that bothers you, then check out the tips section for an alternative ingredient. Once the recipe is done, it can be used as a topping for all sorts of desserts and drinks. Like pies, cobblers, and coffees.
How to make bourbon whipped cream from scratch:
First, grab a large mixing bowl and hand mixer, or use your stand mixer. Either way, you’ll need to use the whisk attachment. Next, combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar on low speed for about 3-minutes.
Once the sugar has completely dissolved, increase the speed to medium and continue mixing the ingredients for about 6-minutes.
Then, add in the vanilla extract and bourbon. Let the ingredients whip for another 2-minutes until stiff peaks form.
Last, serve the whipped cream or store it in your fridge, in a sealed container, for up to 3-days.
That’s it, your bourbon whipped cream recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- For people who’d rather not use bourbon, consider using a bourbon extract. It’s only about 5.00 USD for a small bottle.
- However, I would recommend only adding 1-tsp. (not a tablespoon) of the extract to start. Whisk and then taste the heavy cream base to see if you need to add more of the extract.
- While chilling your mixing bowl isn’t required to make a homemade whipped topping, it may speed up the whipping process.
- You can also freeze this whipped cream. When properly stored, in your freezer, it will hold for 2-3 months.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar,
- 1- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon, depending on taste
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer with whisk attachment. Use the whisk attachment, and beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and is incorporated into the heavy cream.
- Next, increase the speed to medium for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the whipped cream begins to form soft peaks. Turn off the mixer.
- Pour in the bourbon and vanilla, and continue to mix another 1-3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Serve immediately, and store any leftover whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of about 1-ounce (2-tablespoons) of the bourbon whipped cream. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.