Warm, fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes topped with butter and syrup! A simple homemade pumpkin pancakes recipe that’s sure to please any pumpkin lover.
Pancakes always bring back fond memories for me. When Kim and I first met, let’s just say we liked to have a good time.
After a night of martini’s or other mixed drinks, we always found ourselves craving a warm breakfast before bed.
Pancakes were one of our, “go to,” foods. So, whenever I see them, I can’t help but think back to those fun, but immature days.
Since it’s pumpkin season, we figured, why not combine two of our favorite loves? So, shall we get started?
How to make pumpkin pancakes?
To begin, grab a large skillet and place it over low-medium heat. Now, when we make pancakes, we usually cook them in butter.
But, that’s optional, so Kim didn’t add that to the recipe. You can use non-stick spray if you want.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Use a whisk to quickly blend the ingredients. Afterward, we can start adding the wet ingredients.
Go ahead and crack the egg, Toss it into the bowl along with the pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Again, quickly use your whisk to combine everything together. At this point, your skillet should be warm.
Then, use a measuring cup to portion out the batter into pancakes. In other words, add one-fourth (1/4) cup of batter to the skillet.
Let it cook for a few minutes. Once the edges around the pumpkin pancake start to brown, you can flip the cake.
Last, let the other side cook for an addition two (2) to three (3) minutes or until the pancake is completely done.
Repeat the cooking process until all the pumpkin batter is gone. Top the cakes with your favorite pancake toppings.
That’s it, your pumpkin pancakes are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this breakfast treat and wish you all the best 🙂
How do I know when my pancakes are done?
When I was working as a cook, I learned that once the pancakes start to brown around the edges, you should flip them.
After that, they only need about two (2) to four (4) minutes to finish cooking, depending on size and cooking temperature.
What can I add to my pancakes to make them fluffy?
Nothing, the fluffiness doesn’t come from an ingredient. To keep your pancakes fluffy, stop over mixing the batter.
You should only mix the batter long enough to combine the ingredients. Otherwise, it becomes tough, making your cakes tough.
Of course, there’s a scientific answer, but I prefer layman’s terms, since most of us are amateur cooks.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, (melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Heat a griddle or skillet over low-medium heat. While the skillet heats, make the pancake batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Next, add the egg, pumpkin puree, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Add a little butter to the hot skillet and allow it to melt. Then use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the melted butter. The batter will be thick, so quickly spread it out a bit so it will make a wider pancake.
- Allow the pancake to cook for 2-3 minutes or until it’s golden brown on the bottom, then use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup or any toppings you desire.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of two (2) pumpkin pancakes. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the extra butter and maple syrup seen in the photos as toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 Pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.