Fresh Strawberry Mojito Cocktails are the quintessential drink for spring and summer! Zesty, minty, sweet, and fruity this drink packs a refreshing punch. They pair wonderfully with BBQ or fresh salads for outdoor get-togethers. Serve with a tray of appetizers and you’re ready to party!
Why serve traditional mojitos when you can step up your cocktail game and make a strawberry version? Something about mint and strawberry just screams spring and summer. The fresh flavors blend beautifully, creating a vibrant cocktail that practically begs you to relax next to a body of water or some lush greenery.
The key to perfect Strawberry Mojitos is the fresh ingredients. Fresh strawberries, mint leaves, and lime juice all make this drink what it is. Of course a good white rum is important too, but the fresh flavors can mask even a bottom shelf bottle (not that I recommend those). While there are a myriad of flavored mojitos, this one might just take the cake as our favorite.
This recipe makes one drink, but it’s easy to up the ingredient amounts and make a pitcher… or several. Serve this at outdoor gatherings, backyard BBQs, a springtime bridal shower, or at your next girls' night Netflix binge!
How to Make Strawberry Mojitos
- Place the strawberry slices, fresh mint leaves, and lime juice in a medium glass.
- Using a muddler, crush the strawberries until mostly pulverized. Allow a few pieces to remain intact. Pour this mixture into a highball glass.
- Add in the club soda, white rum, simple syrup, and ice. Stir to fully combine.
- Garnish your glass with freshly sliced strawberries, a lime wedge, and additional mint leaves. Enjoy responsibly. Cheers!
Tips and Variations:
- For a sweeter drink use more simple syrup. For a less sweet version, use more club soda.
- If you don’t own a muddler you can use the end of a wooden spoon.
- For a virgin mojito, omit the rum. It’s an easy way to include guests that don’t drink while still serving up a delicious drink.
- For extra mint flavor, try using our Mint Simple Syrup instead of plain simple syrup. You could also use a strawberry simple syrup.
- Don’t skimp on the liquor. Cheap liquor will result in a poorer quality drink. Go for the best in your budget!
Storage: It’s best to enjoy this drink straight away. However, if making a pitcher for a crowd, make the drink as directed minus the ice and fresh garnishes. Pour over ice when ready to serve and add the fresh mint, strawberries, and lime to each individual drink.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 3 strawberries, fresh, sliced
- 2 mint leaves, fresh
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 ounces club soda
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ½ ounce simple syrup
- Add the strawberries, mint leaves and lime juice to a medium glass.3 strawberries2 mint leaves½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Use a muddler to crush the strawberries until there are only a few pieces left. Transfer the mixture into a glass.
- Pour in the club soda, rum, simple syrup, and ice. Stir to combine.4 ounces club soda2 ounces white rum1 ½ ounce simple syrupice
- Garnish with freshly sliced strawberries, limes and mint leaves if desired.