*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our coconut rum mojito is an excellent Summer drink made to remind you of warm sunshine, sandy beaches, and tropical palm trees.
We all know what to do when life gives us lemons, we make lemonade. Tequila lemonade to be exact!
So, what do you do when life gives you limes?
Well, the answer to that is quite simple, you make mojitos! However, for this recipe, we wanted to make something special.
A lot of bars and restaurants usually make this cocktail using a standard plain rum and very little mint.
Kim and I decided to change things up and make a coconut version of everyone’s favorite tropical drink.
Jimmy Buffett has a line of rums that work perfectly as they are not too sweet.
With that being said, it still manages to be smooth and flavorful. To make up for the lack of sugar, I made a simple syrup.
Our coconut rum mojito does pack a punch when it comes to sugar. There’s a 1/2 cup of sugar per drink, and that’s before the rum has been added.
But, you can always reduce that by modifying the syrup recipe or using a synthetic sweetener. The best way to describe the taste is to call it a coconut limeade with alcohol.
If that appeals to you, then I encourage you to try this beverage. In closing, as always, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and a little booze in your belly!
Looking for something a little different? Then try our pomegranate mimosa recipe!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
Coconut Rum Mojito
- 1 Medium Lime, (juiced)
- 2 to 4 Large Cubes of Ice
- 3 Ounces Coconut Rum, (Jimmy Buffett's Margarita Brand)
- 6 to 8 Large Mint Leaves
- First, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Then, bring the ingredients to a boil over high heat while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool completely before using it in the drinks.
Coconut Rum Mojito
- First, juice the lime and split the liquid between two cocktail glasses.
- Next, muddle the mint and lime juice together. Make sure to split the leaves up evenly between the drinks.
- Now, using half the ingredients per drink, combine the ice, the rum, and the simple syrup in your cocktail shaker.
- Last, shake the mixture vigorously for about 10 seconds and then pour it into the glass with the mint and lime juice. Repeat step three again to prepare the second drink.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients. Please allow the simple syrup to cool completely or else the drink will be watered down. Garnish with additional mint leaves and lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 100gSugar: 99g