*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy cilantro lime rice recipe made effortlessly in your pressure cooker. Who doesn’t love white rice seasoned with lime juice and fresh cilantro?
Taco Tuesday is fast approaching and Kim wanted to share a side dish that would perfectly compliment all those Tex-Mex flavors. So, for today’s post, we’re sharing her pressure cooker cilantro lime rice recipe.
The rice was light and fluffy with hints of cilantro and lime in every bite. When done correctly, it really is a wonderful combination. Since ours is made in an Instant Pot, you know it’s going to be easy.
In fact, there are only five (5) steps to the cilantro rice. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Shall we get started?
Equipment Needed to Make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe Instructions:
As you will see in the photo below, almost everything is done in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. To begin, juice and zest the lime and chop the cilantro.
Next, place your liner into the machine and add the oil, rice, and water. At this point, you’ll want to make sure that the rice is completely submerged in liquid. Take a look at the section labeled two (2) as a guide.
After that, put the lid on the cooker and close the valve so everything is sealed. Then, either press the, “rice,” button or set the machine to pressure cook for about twelve (12) minutes.
On the chance that of those options aren’t available, then you’ll need to go to the manufacturer’s website (or check the manual), to find the proper cook time for rice in your machine.
Once the timer goes off, allow the machine to complete a ten (10) minute natural release before opening the valve to let out the remaining steam.
Last, fluff the rice with a fork, then stir in the fresh cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and salt. That’s it, your cilantro lime rice recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dish and we wish you all the best 🙂
Cilantro Lime Rice Tips:
If you own an eight (8) quart pressure cooker, be sure add extra liquid to the rice. You may have to add up one (1) extra cup of liquid to the recipe. Furthermore, read the manufacturer’s instructions (manual) or visit Instant Pot’s website to get the proper measurements needed for an eight (8) quart pressure cooker.
Additionally, some models tend to burn or under cook rice more frequently. Don’t be afraid to add a little extra water to the rice if needed.
Some people like to toss in a tablespoon of minced garlic and half a cup (1/2) of diced onions to the rice for a more flavorful recipe. Give it a try some time and see if you like the added ingredients.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Instant Pot Cheesy Hamburger Dip
If you like our pressure cooker cilantro lime rice recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 2 Cups White Rice (long grain, unrinsed)
- 2 1/4 Cups Water (or beef, chicken, or veggie broth)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest
- Salt To Taste
- Place oil, rice, and water into the liner of the Instant Pot. Stir to ensure all the rice is covered by the water.
- Close the lid, and set the valve to sealing. Press the “rice” button, and the time should automatically default to 12 minutes at low pressure.
- After the time is up, turn off the Instant Pot using the “cancel” button, and allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, and use a fork to fluff the rice. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Serve hot, and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.