Our Cranberry Mojito combines tangy cranberry syrup, fresh mint, and white rum to create an unforgettable holiday cocktail! Serve a round to be merry and bright or enjoy this refreshing twist on the classic cocktail all year long!
Spice up your next holiday, party, or get together with a round of Cranberry Mojitos. As you might have guessed, it’s a classic mojito with a cranberry twist! Classic mojitos are one of our favorite drinks. The combination of lime, rum, sugar, and mint makes for an amazing cocktail. When cranberries are added to the mix, you end up with a tart and tangy beverage that’s perfect for all occasions.
When looking for a rum to use in your cranberry mojito, we recommend a middle shelf white or coconut rum. Brands like Bacardi, Captain Morgan, and Malibu make great options for mojitos. They give a smooth flavor to the drink and blend with the other flavors perfectly.
Of course you can always opt for a cranberry mocktail version and simply leave out the rum. The mint, sugar, and cranberry flavors are still a winning combination that anyone can enjoy. While these are the perfect festive fair for an ugly sweater party, this cocktail is refreshing enough to make all year.
Cranberry Mojito Key Ingredients
- fresh mint leaves: About 16, plus more for garnish
- granulated sugar: To balance the sweet and tangy flavors.
- ice: We want these cocktails cold.
- cranberry simple syrup: You can use store bought or make your own from scratch. Check out our own Cranberry Simple Syrup recipe!
- white rum: Use your favorite brand.
- club soda: A little fizz to the festivities.
- lime juice: We recommend freshly squeezed. If you use a concentrate the drink will have a more bitter taste.
How to Make Cranberry Mojitos
- First place the fresh mint leaves and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to bruise the mint to release the natural oils and flavors.
- Now add the ice, cranberry simple syrup, rum, club soda, and lime juice. Shake gently to combine.
- Place extra ice and fresh mint leaves into glasses. Strain the mojitos into the glasses, garnish with more mint and a couple of cranberries, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- For a virgin cranberry mojito, simply leave out the white rum. The drink still has a great taste and now everyone can enjoy it!
- The cocktail is naturally tart. You can add cranberry juice or more simple syrup to make the drink sweeter. The cranberry juice also adds even more cranberry flavor.
- A slice of lime is a great garnish and adds an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- If making cranberry simple syrup from scratch, you can prepare a batch well in advance and keep it on hand to use when ready to serve.
Storage: While the simple syrup can be made in advance and stored, we don’t recommend making a cranberry mojito ahead of time. Best to shake, serve, and sip immediately.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 16 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 4 ounces cranberry simple syrup
- 4 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Place the mint leaves and sugar into a drink shaker. Use a muddler to bruise the mint.16 mint leaves1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Add the ice, cranberry simple syrup, rum, club soda, and lime juice. Shake gently to combine.1 cup ice4 ounces cranberry simple syrup4 ounces white rum4 ounces club soda1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place extra ice, fresh mint leaves, and ice into glasses. Strain the mojitos into the glasses, and serve immediately.