Our perfectly blended white Christmas margarita combines cream of coconut and silver tequila to create a creamy seasonal cocktail!
Seasonal drinks are a big thing in our kitchen. About a week ago, we shared an eggnog martini. We also have Thanksgiving drinks like a pumpkin martini and Valentine’s cocktails like our raspberry martini.
Today, Kim has prepared a special holiday margarita that I’m sure you’ll adore. It an icy twist on a Summertime favorite made with the flavors of coconut and lime.
When it’s properly garnished with lime and cranberries, the drink is both eye catching and delicious.
How to make a White Christmas Margarita:
- Start by running a lime wedge around the rim of the glasses.
- Pour sanding sugar into a shallow dish, and dip each glass into the sanding sugar. Set aside.
- Add 7-8 cups of ice to a blender.
- Pour in silver tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and chilled simple syrup.
- Process until smooth and no ice chunks remain.
- Pour the margaritas into prepared glasses, garnish with lime wedges and fresh cranberries, and enjoy immediately.
White Christmas Margarita Recipe Tips:
- I don’t recommend making these Winter margaritas in advance. Once the ice starts to melt, they may separate.
- Rimming the glasses is an optional step, so don’t feel like you have to do it.
- Don’t buy cheap tequila. It’s a liquor that can be harsh to some people; especially, if it’s bottom shelf.
For the Drinks:
- 7-8 Cups Ice
- 15 Ounces Cream of Coconut, (We used Cocoa Lopez.)
- 12 Ounces Silver Tequila
- 4 Ounces Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces Triple Sec
- 4 Ounces Simple Syrup, chilled
For the Rim:
- Lime Wedges
- Sanding Sugar
- Lime Slices
- Fresh Cranberries
- Before beginning, make sure your blender has the capacity to hold 7-8 cups of liquid. This recipe makes a large amount and takes up a lot of space in the blender.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the rim into the sanding sugar. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend just until the ice is broken down and smooth. Pour the margaritas into individual glasses, and garnish with lime slices and fresh cranberries.
- Serve immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1-cup of the white Christmas margarita. Actual calories will vary.
*More information and tips, please refer to the post,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.