A flavorful and festive eggnog martini with RumChata and Frangelico. Decorate the martini glass with nutmeg and cinnamon for a holiday treat!
If you're anything like us, then chances are you have some eggnog on-hand. Now, we've already shared eggnog pie, eggnog fudge, and eggnog French toast. But, did you know that you can make an amazing eggnog martini with RumChata and Frangelico?
Until recently, I had never heard of such a thing. Well, at least not with both RumChata and Frangelico.
All it took was one sip to know we had to share this festive recipe with you. Kim and I hope you enjoy this drink (responsibly) as much as we do.
- This recipe makes a 4-ounce martini. So, if you're using an 8-ounce glass, then double the recipe.
- Rimming the glass in ground cinnamon and brown sugar is optional. With that being said, if you choose to do so, then rim the glass before starting the cocktail.
- I don't recommend adding ice to the cocktail shaker or martini glass. It will water down the drink. Chilling the eggnog, RumChata, and Frangelico before getting started is the best way to serve this martini.
- Use non-alcoholic eggnog. Otherwise, there will be way too much liquor in the drink and it will ruin the flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What alcohol goes with eggnog?
Bourbon (whiskey), rum, and vodka are great options for eggnog. Personally, I prefer bourbon because it adds a warmth to the drink.
Are you supposed to refrigerate RumChata?
According to the manufacturer’s website, you don’t have to refrigerate the product.
How long does RumChata last?
When stored at room temperature, RumChata will last for up to 6-months. This information was found on the manufacturer’s website.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
For the Rim:
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Martini
- 2 ounces eggnog
- 1 ounce RumChata
- 1 ounce Frangelico
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Pour the maple syrup onto a small plate. On a separate small plate, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.1 tablespoon pure maple syrup2 tablespoons light brown sugar¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dip the rim of a cocktail glass into the maple syrup, then immediately dip it into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set the glass aside.
- Pour the eggnog, RumChata, and Frangelico into a drink shaker. Gently swirl until mixed. Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.2 ounces eggnog1 ounce RumChata1 ounce Frangelico
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy cold!⅛ teaspoon nutmeg1 Cinnamon stick
- *The amount listed in the recipe is for a 4 ounce drink. Many cocktail glasses including the ones we used in the photos are for an 8 ounce drink. We doubled the amount of the recipe for each glass in the photos.