Our Cranberry Moscow Mule recipe is a delicious cocktail that’s perfect for the holiday season. This festive version features cranberry juice, fresh cranberries, ginger beer, and vodka! The flavors come together to create a sweet yet tangy Cranberry Moscow Mule that is sure to be a hit with your guests!
If you want a cold, refreshing drink that is perfect for the holidays, this cranberry Moscow mule recipe will not disappoint. The sweet and tart flavor notes pair perfectly with the bold flavor of vodka and ginger for a festive cocktail that is perfect for the holidays or for when you need a cold-weather drink.
The Moscow mule has been around since the 1940s and was first served at a bar in Moscow as an alternative to whiskey sour cocktails.
This cranberry Moscow mule recipe is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. It’s the perfect drink for entertaining guests or just hanging out at home!
You can also adjust it based on your preferences – if you want more ginger flavor, add an extra teaspoon of freshly grated ginger; If you prefer less sweetness, use less cranberry juice and/or cranberry simple syrup. No matter how you make a Cranberry Moscow Mule, it’ll become one of your favorite holiday cocktails!
How To Make a Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Prepare the mugs: Add crushed ice into two copper Moscow mule mugs.
- Pour in the liquid: In each iced mug, add vodka, ginger beer, cranberry juice, and lime juice. Stir with a spoon to combine the liquids.
- Garnish and serve: Add fresh cranberries to the top of the drink along with optional fresh lime wedges. Serve iced cold.
- Before assembling this cocktail, ensure the copper mugs are fully cleaned. Scrub with steel wool for best results.
- This drink is mildly sweet. Some brands of ginger beer are sweeter than others, which can change the sweetness of the drink.
- Crushed ice is best for this recipe as it keeps the drink at a very cold consistency and melts evenly.
- To premake this cocktail, add all ingredients to a shaker except the ginger beer. Shake well, then divide the mixture in between the mugs, top with ginger beer, then stir and garnish.
- If you can’t find ginger beer, ginger ale is a great substitute. Alternatively, you can add some fresh ginger slices and club soda to make it less sweet.
- The vodka can be swapped out for Irish whisky to make an Irish version.
- Swap the vodka for bourbon to make a Kentucky Moscow mule.
- For a spicy mule, muddle 2 to 3 jalapenos in the bottom of the mule mugs. Combine the muddled jalapenos with the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint and rosemary for a festive bold herb taste.
- Change up the cranberry juice and use orange, strawberry, or peach juice, or your favorite juice blend.
- Omit the vodka completely to make a virgin Moscow mule.
Storing: It’s best to our Cranberry Moscow Mule immediately. Storing this drink in the fridge will dull some of the flavors and make it less refreshing. If you do plan to store Moscow mules for any length of time, place them in an airtight container with ice cubes so they stay chilled, but don’t add the vodka or ginger beer until you’re ready to serve.
- Crushed Ice, enough to fill two mugs
- 8 ounces ginger beer or ginger ale
- 4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 limes, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Place the ice into two chilled mule mugs.
- Pour 4 ounces of ginger beer into each mug. Add 2 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of cranberry juice, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice to each mule mug. Stir to combine.
- Divide the cranberries between the two drinks. Serve immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (8 ounce) drink. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*This drink is mildly sweet. Some brands of ginger beer are sweeter than others, which can change the sweetness of the drink. If you like a really sweet drink, opt for ginger ale.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.