Stay cool and classy this summer with this Cucumber Margarita! A refreshing take on the classic cocktail, this recipe uses fresh cucumber juice to add a light flavor to the tangy drink. Made with fresh homemade cucumber juice, your favorite tequila, simple syrup, triple sec, and a splash of lime juice, this margarita will be your new summertime go to cocktail!
Pair this perfect margarita with our easy Crockpot Chicken Nachos or Instant Pot Street Tacos with Chicken! Complete a meal on the patio with delicious Mexican Stuffed Peppers and unique Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad.
There’s nothing quite like a cold drink on a hot summer day. Especially when that drink is of the adult variety!
In just 10 minutes, you can be sipping the sweat away with a refreshing Cucumber Margarita.
Fresh cucumber juice is a perfect way to utilize the fruits (vegetables?) of your gardening endeavors. The blend of light, tangy, and sweet flavors really make this margarita a treat for a variety of tastes.
Add a little spice or salt to the rim, and enjoy every cool sip!
How to Make a Cucumber Margarita
You’ll find the exact measurements and full instructions in the recipe card near the bottom of the page.
For the Cucumber Juice:
- Place the peeled and diced cucumber in your blender. Process until completely smooth.
- Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, and strain the cucumber juice into a cup. This will remove any remaining lumps or unblended pieces.
- Measure out one ounce of the prepared cucumber juice and set aside.
For the Margarita:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the blanco tequila, triple sec, cucumber juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Close up the shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to fully combine.
- Run a lime wedge around your cocktail glass and dip the rim in sugar (or salt).
- Pour the cucumber margarita into the glass and serve garnished with a lime wedge. Cheers!
Tips and Variations
- Use Cointreau as a substitute for triple sec.
- You can make your own Simple Syrup following our super easy recipe!
- Agave and maple syrup are great substitutions for simple syrup if you don’t have any on hand or don’t have the time to make it. Honey can be used as well, but it will need to be diluted as the taste and consistency is much stronger. Dilute the honey by heating equal parts honey and water in a saucepan until the honey has fully dissolved.
- If you like your margaritas to have a less sweet flavor, cut the simple sugar in half or leave it out entirely.
- For the rim feel free to change it up depending on your tastes. Go for classic salt instead of sugar, try a blend of Tajin seasoning and sugar, or for a spicy kick try a blend of cayenne and sugar!
- Save some of the cucumber peelings to use as a garnish.
- You don’t need the full ½ cup of sugar when rimming the glass, just enough to stick around the edge.
Storage: We don’t recommend storing this cocktail as this recipe is for only one serving. If you decide to increase the recipe for a pitcher, omit the ice and mix the cocktail in the serving pitcher. Store chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
Freezing: If you’d like a frozen version, mix the cocktail ingredients. Pour into your blender with ice and blend. If making a larger batch, you can use an ice cube tray to freeze the drink mixture. This will omit the need for ice upon blending.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 medium sized cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces water
- 1 cup ice
- 3 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 1 ounce cucumber juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 lime wedge, to wet the glass rim
- ½ cup granulated sugar, to rim the glass
For the Cucumber Juice:
- Place the cucumber and water in a blender and process until smooth.1 medium sized cucumber6 ounces water
- Use a fine mesh sleeve to strain the cucumber juice into a cup. Measure 1 ounce of the strained cucumber juice, and set aside.
For the Margarita
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker and add the tequila, triple sec, cucumber juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Close the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.1 cup ice3 ounces blanco tequila2 ounces triple sec1 ounce cucumber juice1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice1 ounce simple syrup
- Run a lime wedge around your glass of choice, then dip the rim in sugar.1 lime wedge½ cup granulated sugar
- Pour the margarita into the glass and serve immediately with a lime wedge.