Need a quick drink idea for your next Taco Tuesday? Then try our simple margarita recipe. A classic cocktail you can serve on the rocks or blended!
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or Fiesta Friday, chances are you’ll want to enjoy a cocktail with dinner.
Why use a mixer when making a simple margarita recipe only takes about five (5) minutes?
Best of all, you can serve it on the rocks or blended as a chilly treat. The blended version is in my tips section below. So, shall we get started?
How to make a margarita?
First, slice your lime into quarters. Take one wedge and run it along the edge of the glass.
Next, dip the rim of the glass into a plate of salt. Take a look at the photo above.
After that, fill the glass halfway with ice and then set it aside. It’s time to make the simple margarita recipe.
Now, grab your shaker cup and add a handful of ice to the cup. Then, pour in the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and simple syrup.
Last, place the lid on the cup and shake it for a few seconds to mix the margarita.
That’s it, pour the drink into the cocktail glass and serve! You’ve now made a simple margarita at home.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the drink responsibly and we wish you all the best 🙂
- To create a blended or frozen version of the drink, simply pour the tequila, lime, juice, triple sec, and simple syrup into a drink blender with about a half (1/2) a cup of ice and blend it into a frozen treat.
- No time to boil water for the simple syrup? Try this kitchen shortcut instead! Use a whisk or fork to combine one (1) cup of powdered sugar with one (1) cup of hot tap water.
- Need the perfect snack to serve with this drink? Open a bag of tortilla chips and serve them with our Serrano pepper salsa.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 1/2 Ounces Tequila, (gold or silver)
- 1 Ounce Lime Juice, (fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 Ounce Triple Sec
- 1/2 Ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Ice, (approximately: split between glass and shaker)
- Coarse Salt Rimming the Glass
- Lime Wedge for Garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass. Dip the rim in coarse salt or margarita salt. Fill with ice. Set aside.
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and simple syrup in a drink shaker with ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour the margarita in the cocktail glass over ice. Garnish with extra lime wedges. Serve immediately.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one (1), three and half (3.5) ounce margarita. Actual calories will vary.
**To create the frozen or blended version of the drink. Use a blender to combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup with half (1/2) a cup of ice. Add more ice if needed to obtain the desired consistency.**
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 3.5 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 17gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g