*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Our lemonade tequila drink is a cool and refreshing drink combined with tequila to create a grown-up version of everyone’s favorite Summer beverage.
With Summer finally arriving across most of the U.S., the temperatures are warming fast. The time is come to start breaking out all those classic recipes. One of our favorite hot-weather treats is lemonade; however, now that we’re adults, Kim and I wanted to add a grown-up twist to the timeless drink.
While vodka seemed like the obvious choice, we decided to go with a tequila drink instead. After trying both versions, I felt the tequila mixed better and made for a “smoother,” sipping cocktail. It really is the hard lemonade to sip on while sitting on your deck or porch while grilling.
Tequila Drink Instructions:
- First, start by making the simple syrup for the tequila drink. This means filling a medium saucepan with 32-ounces of water and 2-cups of sugar. Then heat the liquid over high heat while stirring the sugar until it dissolves. Set the finished simple syrup aside.
- Next, fill a large tea pitcher 1/4 full with ice, about 2-cups by volume.
- Then, add the tequila, lemon juice, seltzer water, and most of the simple syrup to the tea pitcher and use a large spoon to mix the drink.
- Last, garnish the lemonade tequila drink with sliced lemons and serve it in glasses half-full of ice.
Hard Lemonade Tequila Drink Tips:
- You’ll have a little simple syrup left over, use the rest in the individual glasses to adjust the sweetness of the drink.
- In a pinch, you can use store-bought lemon juice, however, it will not have the same “zing,” as fresh lemon juice.
- Try different flavors of seltzer water to create your own unique twist on the cocktail. For example, cherry-flavored seltzer water will create a cherry lemonade.
Lemonade Tequila Drink
- 2 Cups Ice
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Seltzer Water (we used lime flavored)
- 2 Cups Tequila (we used Jose Cuervo Gold)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- First, in a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the 32-ounces of water and sugar. Stir the mixture until all the sugar has melted, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Next, in a large tea pitcher, add the 2-cups of ice.
- After that, add the seltzer water, tequila, lemon juice, and most of the simple syrup and stir everything to mix it together.
- Last, add freshly sliced lemons to the drink and serve it in 6-8 ounce glass, half-filled with ice.