A Strawberry Paloma is a twist on the traditional paloma. It’s full of fresh strawberries, honey, ginger beer, grapefruit soda, and tequila.
We love fruit flavored cocktails of all kinds. Some of our other favorites include these Strawberry Mimosa, Blueberry Mojito, Salty Dog, and Raspberry Martini recipes.
Strawberry Paloma Recipe:
Our strawberry paloma recipe is a fun twist on this easy paloma recipe. It’s chock full of fresh strawberry flavor with plenty of sweetness from honey and two kinds of soda. Add your favorite brand of tequila, and you’re in business!
Serve up a few glasses of this fruit flavored cocktail at your next girls’ get together or for a bridal shower brunch. Make 1, 2, or even a large batch. There’s no wrong way to enjoy this strawberry ginger cocktail.
How to Make a Strawberry Paloma:
- Start by placing the strawberries in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or wooden spoon) and mash the strawberries until they break down into small pieces.
- Add the honey, ginger beer, grapefruit soda, and tequila.
- Next, close the drink shaker, and swirl gently to mix.
- Strain into glasses over ice. Enjoy!
Strawberry Paloma Variations and Tips:
- Taste the strawberries before starting, and adjust the amount of honey accordingly. Use the strawberries sliced, diced, or whole. Whatever works for you!
- Try using sugar, coconut sugar, or agave nectar in place of honey. If using coconut sugar or granulated sugar, add it with the strawberries and muddle the two together to help break down the fruit.
- My son describes ginger beer as “spicy.” It’s not spicy like a habanero “spicy,” but it does have a bit of a bite from the fresh ginger. Ginger ale makes a great substitute and has a milder flavor. Many ginger beer varieties are non-alcoholic, so all you’ll be adding is flavor and some carbonation.
- Swap out grapefruit soda with fresh grapefruit juice. Juice will be more tart than soda, so adjust the honey accordingly.
- Use whatever kind of tequila you prefer, either silver or gold will work.
- After you’ve placed all the ingredients in the drink shaker, gently swirl it to mix the ingredients. Otherwise, the soda will fizz up and make a huge mess.
- For a different variation try a strawberry basil paloma, a strawberry lemonade paloma (swap the grapefruit soda with lemonade), a cucumber paloma, or blackberry basil lemonade paloma (yum!).
Storage: Enjoy this strawberry paloma immediately after preparation. We do not recommend making it in advance.
Other drink recipes you may enjoy:
Strawberry PalomaPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup honey adjust to taste *See Note
- 1 ½ cup grapefruit juice or soda
- 1 cup ginger beer or ginger-flavored soda plus extra to top off drinks
- ½ cup tequila
- 2 cups ice
- Place strawberries into a drink shaker and muddle to a pulp.1 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- Add honey, grapefruit soda, tequila, and ginger beer.¼ cup honey1 ½ cup grapefruit juice1 cup ginger beer½ cup tequila
- Gently swirl to combine, and strain into glasses over ice.2 cups ice
- Garnish if desired. Serve chilled.